• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "What scheme is this?"

Collapse

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    Just smile and nod at him but don't try it yourself.
    And if he owes you money get it back of him quick.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Just smile and nod at him but don't try it yourself.

Leave a comment:

• VectraMan
    replied
    The clue is in the word "scheme".

"Scam" or "Scamola" would be better.

Leave a comment:

• Retro
    replied
    Go for it. And in about 10 years time, buy a large dog partial to brown envelopes.

Leave a comment:

• Alan @ BroomeAffinity
    replied
    Sounds good. What can possibly go wrong. Give it a bash.

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Its part of the BrilloOffshore scheme. Thousands already registered. QC guaranteed.

Just arrange for me to receive your invoices then I will take care of the rest.
    Careful - you want to use words like "our scheme has been reviewed by a QC" without using the word guarantee...

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Its part of the BrilloOffshore scheme. Thousands already registered. QC guaranteed.

Just arrange for me to receive your invoices then I will take care of the rest.

Leave a comment:

• AntonioDJCA
    replied
    Originally posted by unixman View Post
    It's called the "going to jail" scheme.
    Well said.

Leave a comment:

• unixman
    replied
    It's called the "going to jail" scheme.

Leave a comment:

• meanttobeworking
    replied
    Tell him to check his post more regularly...

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Maybe we should open a sub forum with thousands of posts about this... Oh hang on.. We already have....

Leave a comment:

• ASB
    replied
    How does it work who knows. But badly eventually as likely as not.

Leave a comment:

• AntonioDJCA
    replied
    It's most likely one of those "loan" schemes where the "company" that pays you's office is located in the middle of a field somewhere in the Isle of Man. https://www.gov.uk/government/news/p...e-loan-schemes

Hope this helps!

Leave a comment:

• ContractorBanking
    started a topic What scheme is this?

What scheme is this?

A contractor I met says he's on a "scheme" where he gets 80+% of the billable amount.

He's also NOT a director of a limited company.

I don't know much about these dodgy schemes but anyone know how this could work?

Its Friday, work is quiet and I'm in a curious mood!

Working...
X