Opt-in or out for and outside IR35 contract
+ Reply to Thread
Posts 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1

    Still gathering requirements...


    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    88
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    1
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    12

    Default Opt-in or out for and outside IR35 contract

    What are your opinions on that?
    Role is out of IR35, should one opt out or stay in the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003?
    Either way, why?

  2. #2

    Banned

    malvolio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Walking in the garden, dreaming of Olivia...
    Posts
    10,371
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    230
    Likes (Given)
    6
    Likes (Received)
    772

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pscont View Post
    What are your opinions on that?
    Role is out of IR35, should one opt out or stay in the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003?
    Either way, why?
    Been done to death. Stay in and ignore it. Even if you want to opt out, 95% of agencies will get it wrong and you'll be in anyway.

  3. #3

    Still gathering requirements...


    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    88
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    1
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by malvolio View Post
    Been done to death. Stay in and ignore it. Even if you want to opt out, 95% of agencies will get it wrong and you'll be in anyway.
    I know it's been done. That's why the question is in IR35 aspect.
    How can an agency get it wrong when they ask you do you opt out, you say yes, and then this is a clause in the contract?

  4. #4

    Prof Cunning @ Oxford Uni

    WTFH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    10,700
    Thanks (Given)
    462
    Thanks (Received)
    1543
    Likes (Given)
    1460
    Likes (Received)
    3916

    Default

    IR35 is not the same as the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.
    Two different things
    Strong and Stable Moderation

  5. #5

    My post count is Majestic

    northernladuk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    33,974
    Thanks (Given)
    141
    Thanks (Received)
    1500
    Likes (Given)
    1794
    Likes (Received)
    6108

    Default

    You know we've got a sticky on this don't you?

    http://forums.contractoruk.com/busin...-2003-act.html
    'CUK forum personality of 2011' - Winner - Yes really!!!!

  6. #6

    Banned

    malvolio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Walking in the garden, dreaming of Olivia...
    Posts
    10,371
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    230
    Likes (Given)
    6
    Likes (Received)
    772

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pscont View Post
    I know it's been done. That's why the question is in IR35 aspect.
    How can an agency get it wrong when they ask you do you opt out, you say yes, and then this is a clause in the contract?
    The agency aren't getting anything wrong, they are protecting their own interests and not yours. It saves them a lot of money and risk if you are opted out so they will do all they can to persuade you to do so. It has zero impact on IR355 unless - and only unless - you can barter you opting out with some major changes in your contract to safeguard your IR35 position. And even then you can be undone by the agency/client contract and other factors like the new PS rules.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.