• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Random thoughts

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    On Roots or Airplane! ?
    Well I meant roots.........

Comment

Originally posted by Drewster View Post
      Didn't they do a "prequel" recently....... I assumed that had Bones, Spock and Kirk in it and presumably Sulu, Checkov, Uhuru, Scitte and numerous "Red Jumpers" ie The ones in the landing party you knew would die.......

That was another thing that always "got me"..... What sort of organisation on first encountering a dangerous place sends..... The Captain, 1st Officer, Chief Medic out on their own (plus or minus the Red Jumper)...

Didn't get much better in NextGen... but at least Picard sometimes stayed on board.....
      Yeah, logic circuits off. I saw the Roast of William Shatner on Freeview recently, which was a laugh. Everyone slagging everyone off.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
        Yeah, logic circuits off. I saw the Roast of William Shatner on Freeview recently, which was a laugh. Everyone slagging everyone off.
        I saw something on telly the other night with Bill Shatner on it.... *rsing about taking the pish out of himself... or out of TJ Hooker.... Can't remember what it was called.... had Robert De Niro and Eddy Murphy in it I think....... was a Tulip film anyway.... but it was in English which tends to get my vote....

Comment

I saw something on telly the other night with Bill Shatner on it.... *rsing about taking the pish out of himself... or out of TJ Hooker.... Can't remember what it was called.... had Robert De Niro and Eddy Murphy in it I think....... was a Tulip film anyway.... but it was in English which tends to get my vote....
          Did you see the Shatner Comedy Roast the other day. Talk about vicious and unfunny!
          What happens in General, stays in General.
          You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
            Did you see the Shatner Comedy Roast the other day. Talk about vicious and unfunny!
            Would that be the one TW linked to about 2 posts up?

Comment

Would that be the one TW linked to about 2 posts up?

Cough. Errr. No. Another one.
              What happens in General, stays in General.
              You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                Cough. Errr. No. Another one.
                Even so - Roasting Bill Shatner brings to mind horrible images.... the best of which involve fat spitting and flaring in the fire.... and the worst of which.... Nah! you/I really don't want to go there......

Comment

Even so - Roasting Bill Shatner brings to mind horrible images.... the best of which involve fat spitting and flaring in the fire.... and the worst of which.... Nah! you/I really don't want to go there......
                  Glad it wasn't just me then
                  I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
                  CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
                  CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                    Sounds excellent to me.
                    HAB! Wrong login - Shirley?

Comment

HAB! Wrong login - Shirley?
                      No, Zeity's not fond of the war criminal. They had an altercation a while back.

Comment

Working...
                      X