• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Brillopad - your reply

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On slightly more serious note. Maybe it would be sensible to modify the quote thing so someone could only quote sufficient of a post to make it clear what other post they are referring to. If somebody posts something here and then thinks better of it, it is a bit pointless them trying to remove it when some earwig has quoted the whole thing.

Beat me why people quote whole posts on any forum anyway. On some technical forums it is really irritating to be looking for an answer and having to trawl through the same comment umpteen times.

This whole thing does make one wonder what a ridiculous and oppressive society we live in when obviously tongue in cheek comments get looked at by police. Whether it is us loonies here or silly young Muslims a real threat requires more than just a bit of ranting, it requires actual intent and a real potential to make the intent a reality.

Is this really "Light Relief"??
    If done to GB it would be.
    PS No, I didn't really mean that.
    PPS Yes he did.
    PPPS No I didn't. Anyway, its' not my fault it's the voices.
    Last edited by xoggoth; 24 January 2010, 17:29.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Shame about Brillo - Not only is he a very close mate but he made me laugh!

Admin, I think you were a bit harsh but thats just me... and 'cos he's me mate!

Brilllllloooooooooo, come back - send admin a note and come back!!!
      Bazza gets caught
      Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Erm, where did the conversation about being hung drawn & quartered come from?
        Bazza gets caught

Comment

HAB where else? It was a very civilised discussion about the merits of stabbing before that.
          bloggoth

John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
            HAB where else? It was a very civilised discussion about the merits of stabbing before that.
            He has that knack hasn't he?

Bonkers!
            Bazza gets caught

Comment

Sorry to hear about the banning etc...

Maybe BP will come back in some other form

Comment

I see that the threat of a terrorist attack in the UK has been upgraded. This is doubtless all down to CUK militants.
                bloggoth

Comment

Not that my view may matter much, but my 2 pence:

Brillo can't expect that Admin of this or any forum would start a legal fight to preserve Brillo's strategy if police gets involved querying Brillo's post.

The fact that admin required police to get all the paperwork but offered chance to pass over phone for Brillo to sort it out amicably was the kind of move that I feel not every board admin would do.

In any event this is certainly NOT shopping!

Frankly, this board has got some of the most tolerant admins, but you can't expect taking the piss by creating super long thread that no board software was meant to handle and then hate them for one hand dropping post counts for LR to avoid giving people incentive to post in TPD, something that evidently did not work, and then for closing TDP - in most places people who posted there would get banned after 20-30 posts max.
                  Last edited by AtW; 24 January 2010, 17:49.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                    Not that my view may matter much, but my 2 pence:

Brillo can't expect that Admin of this or any forum would start a legal fight to preserve Brillo's strategy if police gets involved querying Brillo's post.

The fact that admin required police to get all the paperwork but offered chance to pass over phone for Brillo to sort it out amicably was the kind of move that I feel not every board admin would do.

In any event this is certainly NOT shopping!

Frankly, this board has got some of the most tolerant admins, but you can't expect taking the piss by creating super long thread that no board software was meant to handle and then hate them for one hand dropping post counts for LR to avoid giving people incentive to post in TPD, something that evidently did not work, and then for closing TDP - in most places people who posted there would get banned after 20-30 posts max.
                    Oh flip off - you just hated TPD anyway. Yeah it was long and yeah it needed fixing but it's not the root of all evil AtW
                    Bazza gets caught

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
                      Oh flip off - you just hated TPD anyway. Yeah it was long and yeah it needed fixing but it's not the root of all evil AtW
                      No, TDP is nothing compared to police involvement. Which is why it is very odd to me when person who gets police on his back would mention TDP and post counts.

Admin acted far more reasonably than anyone (who uses this board for free) can expect - it's completely unreasonable on Brillo's part to be upset, if I was in his position (though thankfully I am not), I'd say that Admin did all they could, in fact far more than they should have.

Comment

Working...
                      X