• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Countdown to election

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Countdown to election

For any bloggers among you here is a simple countdown until we can get Labour out thingy.

In <head> section:-

script language=Javascript>
    <!--

window.onload = init;
    function init()
    {
    setInterval("election()",1000);
    }
    function election()
    {
    var today = new Date();
    var sec = Math.floor((Date.parse("Jun 03, 2010")-today)/1000);
    var min = Math.floor(sec/60); sec = sec - 60*min;
    var hr = Math.floor(min/60); min = min - 60*hr;
    var dy = Math.floor(hr/24); hr = hr - 24*dy;
    document.getElementById("howlong").innerHTML=dy + " days, " + hr + " hours, " + min + " minutes, " + sec + " seconds";
    }

//-->
    </script>

In body text somewhere:-

<p>Time until we can get shot of the New Labour bastards:<br>
    <span id="howlong" style="font-size:15px; color:red; text-align:center;">Too long</span></p>

PS document.getElementById bit is all one line
    Last edited by xoggoth; 19 July 2009, 21:13.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

I don't go anywhere near code so I might be wrong but isn't there a possible flaw in that code in that the government might not wait until the last possible moment to have the election and it might be earlier than 3rd June?

Comment

Indeed, but I suspect Brownstuff will cling on to the bitter end.
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
      X