• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ladymuck
    replied

Morning all

Bright but cloudy. Dry. Currently 6 degrees with a high of 9 expected. No rain forecast. Barometer up to 1023 mBar.

Plumber has been to do the annual gas safety check. Nice little earner for 15 mins of effort.

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    Morning.

Tuesday apparently.

Dry.

Grey.

Sunless.

Frosty out, cold in here at 10.8 deg, 10 deg in the kitchen, 8 deg in the leanto.

1019 mBar, 30.09 in Hg, 764.3 Torr, 14.779 psi, (down from 1020 last night), 75% RH (GDR hair), 61% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 2nd of September 2019 there was discussion of groats, farthings, quarter, half, and three quarter farthings, the demise of the farthing in 1956, and the farthing I received in change some years ago, given away by George VI being on the obverse, while there was mentions of corned beef leading some to desire a tin thereof, plus mentions of forgettable films I've forgotten about.

Shopping trip to Tesco done dusted washed dried sanitised & put away. Shanks' out & Shanks' back.

Timed right since it's raining now.

Lunch: baked spud etc.

Entertainment: Y&Y on the joys of new build houses.

NZ Border Control. A "pirate" who appears to falling for a Nigerian scam. A chap from Singapore with $150 for a 10 day holiday: back he goes. An aircon unit catches fire & the place gets flooded. Takes 3 hours or more to get it all back up & running. Chinese woman whose husband is overstaying by 6 months: back on the plane. Abusive woman with a shedload of packaged seeds & a couple of bags of loose mixed seeds: $400 fine. Plenty of E and pseudoephedrine, cocaine & the like. Things don't necessarily go better with coke. .

Border Control Canada.

Oz customs thing. A coconut is a drupe not a nut so that customs chap was wrong. Chinese people with the usual selection of chinese "food" including a tasteful pair of deer penises, extracted from the living animal apparently. Korean "student" with bags full of undeclared cigarettes & no course to attend coz he'd been turfed off it (I remember some of those) back on the plane.

Tea: soup etc.

Entertainment: more UFO bollox on blaze,

Scotland Yard "The fatal journey (1954)". More of the lugubrious Lustgarten. The Gypsy didn't do it, he just nicked stuff.

The Mentalist S1 E2

Maigret and the Wine Merchant (2001) S11 E1.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 27 February 2024, 23:06.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Morning denizens

A high, textureless overcast out there today. Currently 2°C and heading for 8° again, with the barometers up some more at 1009/1017mB. No rain predicted, but they said that yesterday and we had several showers, some quite heavy

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Morning all still raining in Milan.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Once the factory show was done, I turned to my book: Shepperton Babylon by Matthew Sweet, a history of the British film industry from its earliest days. Some of the very early silent shorts that have survived are available on the BFI site or on YouTube, so one can learn all about the shenanigans and generally disreputable behaviour of those involved, both actors and producers, before watching them

Goodnight all

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Tea was oniony sausage casserole with chips and peas. Furthermore, the sausages were pork and apple ones, and it all turned out very nice

Accompanied by Inside the Factory on the important topic of sofas

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Lunch: turkey soup with a crust of wholemeal

I had to give a bit of a demo to a bunch of stakeholders this morning, showing how their existing forms post their data via our thing which gets it where it needs to go. One of them popped up and explained that a certain form had been replaced by a more complex one we didn't know about, the discovery on our project having been done well over a year ago. But I tried it anyway, and it worked! Quite reassuring, that

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Links are up

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    Morning.

Monday.

Dry.

Sunny.

Windy.

Chilly in here at 11.4 deg, 10.5 deg in the kitchen, 9 deg in the leanto, 5 deg in the saltinghouse.

1010 mBar, 29.825 in Hg, 757.56 Torr, 14.6488 psi, (up from 998 last night), 75% RH (GDR hair), 62% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 2nd of September 2019 NF was back on the corned beef, while I was deleting "people you may know" with abandon and BlueSharp popped in.

Shirts in the WM along with some cottons.

Shirts out of the WM and pegged out on the line, one of the cottons going back in.

Smalls in the WM along with one of the cottons.

Smalls out of the WM & pegged out on the line.

Cottons in the WM.

Cottons out of the WM: the experiment with the one that went in 3 times didn't work.

Cottons pegged out on the line & blowing well.

The shirts are almost dry.

Shirts blew off the line due to peg failure.

House roughly vacced with the Vax that doesn't beat any more but seems to pick up ok.

Lunch: scrambled egg etc.

Entertainment: Y&Y. <click>

Shopping trip to Morrisons done dusted washed dried sanitised & put away.

Entertainment: Canadian customs thing with the usual gun toting septics.

Oz customs thing. A lot of the usual: French guy with £80 for a 2 month stay: returned. British chap with a broken suitcase & traces of weed (miniscule) and coke (bit less miniscule): nothing found. Woman suspected of working on a tourist visa: back home.

Walk (abbreviated) walked in the sunshine.

Shirts & cottons roughly iRoned.

Tea: soup etc.

Entertainment: UFO Hunters: Todmorden Police UFO incident 1980. "Who do you think you are parking that UFO there? ET?".

The Mentalist S1 E1. "Pilot". No pilots were involved in this episode.

NCIS S20 E5. "Guardian".

Possibly Car SOS. S11 E6 Porsche 911 Targa. That's been raced & hillclimbed. Oh Dear(tm). Cut the front off, sourced panels from Germany, rebuilt engine, welded a shedload of stuff. Stone me, must have cost a fortune. It's still awaiting its first MOT.

Well there we are, will the last person out of Neath please turn off the lights: Barclays closing (I've been waiting for this to happen), and M&S closing (ditto).
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 2 March 2024, 17:14.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied

Morning all

Dull, windy. Damp from overnight rain. Currently 6 degrees ('feels like' 2) with a high of 9 expected. No rain forecast. Barometer at 1007 mBar.

On my way to the office for a day of delight

Leave a comment:

Working...
X