• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NickFitz
    replied
    Shopping done, including the new Viz

Nothing but the occasional touch of drizzle on the outward journey

Coming back, though: absolutely tipping down

Nonetheless, I stopped off on the way back at the VAT fraud chip shop, so tea has been jumbo sausage and chips with curry sauce

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Another busy day. Getting very close to being ready to start to switch other people's stuff to use our stuff in production (it's a weird kind of proxy between internal and external services)

There's still a chance that a person far above me in the hierarchy will decree that we should scrap it all in favour of a completely different project, so I'd like to get that done for a few of the other teams just so we can explain that it'll take a while to switch them all back before we turn it off again

The rain seems to have either stopped or eased off greatly, so I may go shopping in a bit. Let the traffic die down first though

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Flat viewing was a bust. Was taken to see a different property than the one I asked to view (same building) and then another was over my budget so I refused to see it. The third option I found out this morning had the kitchen located along one wall of the living room which I absolutely hate so I refused to see that too.

Bloody letting agents. It wasn't the fault of the person I met, rather it was the person who booked the appointment and then took the day off.

Then the agent phoned me back and said the landlord was willing to take an offer on the second one so did I at least want to take a look so I will do that tomorrow afternoon.

Leave a comment:

• Dactylion
    replied
    Pishing down...

Constantly....

Without pause....

For hours...

Actually it seems like for days....

It is cold... wet and miserable...

I believe the sweaties would say dreich...

Even worse the weather app thingy says its not letting up all day or even tomorrow....

and the weekend doesn't look great either.

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    Due to rain just went for local walk round town after shop. Loony lady 2 (was 3) walk yesterday, nice except for the incessant yacking, dunno how many times she's told me the same things.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Lunch has been Scotch broth, which was made very slowly in the slow cooker over the course of yesterday and the preceding night, and turned out very tasty as a result

Still raining quite frequently here

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    Morning.

Thursday.

Grey.

Dark.

Dank.

Dreary.

Wet.

Chilly in here at 12.7 deg, 12 deg in the kitchen, 11 deg in the leanto.

986 mBar, 29.11 in Hg, 739.56 Torr, 14.3 psi, (down from 998 last night), 75% RH (GDR hair), 70% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 26th of August 2019 the films of the day were "Space Cowboys(2000)" and "Pale Rider (1985)", both with that Clinton Eastwood chap, while it was a fine Bank Holiday just to prove the weather was borked.

Freecell score in the wet grey gloom: 95%, running average: 86%.

Lunch: baked spud etc.

Entertainment: Y&Y <click>

Channel surfing: Winchester 73, Joy of Painting (wrong guy), NZ Motorway Patrol. Up Pompeii.

Canadian NZ customs thing. The accents were a giveaway.

Canadian customs thing.

Switched the Freeview box on for the first time in ages: some of the Great channels are available thereon.

Oz Customs thing.

Freecell score: 91%, running average: 86% (86.04%).

Tea: chilli con carne etc. Nice enough.

Entertainment: PM <click> to shut up irritating lying Tory git.

Medical Detectives: Legionnaire's Disease. The mysteries of Legionella, also popular in other water systems.

It's down to 979 mBar now.

Medical Detectives: Elevated levels of thyroid hormone in Minnesota: caused by cattle thyroid included in the minced beef. Having watched that it's enough to put one off mince for ever.

It's down to 978 mBar now. .

A cold war of spies: the battle over hearts and minds.

Trucking Hell S8 E2 truck full of crushed cars with one or more on fire.

Car SOS: Toyota MR2. Odd. For a car that's sat in a garden for 6 years, it's had MOTs uninterupted since 2008. .

It's down to 974 mBar now..

Thing on BBC2 NI about ZD576 and the perfidy of higher ups.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 9 February 2024, 16:35.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied

Morning all

Dull. Wet. Rain expected to continue until lunchtime wherein there will be a brief pause before recommencing late afternoon and continuing all evening. Currently 6 degrees ('feels like' 3) with a high of 13 forecast. Barometer down to 997 mBar.

More flat viewings today. I suspect none will be suitable.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Filthy soaking wet out on our walk, but it is now easing.

Will be working in my schlompers today, just hope I don't have any "stand up" meetings...

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Morning denizens

Gloomy grey morning with rain instead of snow, as the late updates to the forecast predicted. Currently a mere 2°C and not expected to get past 3° during the day, though this evening it'll start getting warmer and reach 6° by midnight; go figure. The barometers are definitely down at 984/992mB

Leave a comment:

Working...
X