• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NickFitz
    replied
    Morning denizens

Another overcast start, though not expected to brighten up a bit like it did yesterday; instead, it'll get windy and possibly (35-40%) rainy from around teatime onwards. Currently 4°C and maybe getting to 11° after dark, with the barometers down a little bit at 1006/1014mB

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Morning all

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Watched a bit of Brighton plod stuff on All4 to accompany dinner, but no telly tonight other than that. Read a bit more of Shepperton Babylon though

I've woken up still feeling quite tired the last couple of mornings, so I'm getting a proper early night now in the hope it'll get me caught up on sleep

Just remembered, there's somebody coming round to inspect the flat door tomorrow; something about fire safety. Between 8:45 and 16:00, apparently. Good of them to be so precise

Goodnight all

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Spag bol for tea. Very tasty, but now I need to make more bol

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Lunch: roast beef bap (wholemeal) and a bag of crisps (plain)

Quite sunny out now. The gardener chappy has been down on the lawns with his lawnmower this morning, so the place is looking slightly more kempt

I got called upon to give a quick demo of some stuff to senior management at about two minutes' notice this morning. Makes a change

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied

Morning all

Bright but cloudy. Dry. Currently 6 degrees with a high of 9 expected. No rain forecast. Barometer up to 1023 mBar.

Plumber has been to do the annual gas safety check. Nice little earner for 15 mins of effort.

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    Morning.

Tuesday apparently.

Dry.

Grey.

Sunless.

Frosty out, cold in here at 10.8 deg, 10 deg in the kitchen, 8 deg in the leanto.

1019 mBar, 30.09 in Hg, 764.3 Torr, 14.779 psi, (down from 1020 last night), 75% RH (GDR hair), 61% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 2nd of September 2019 there was discussion of groats, farthings, quarter, half, and three quarter farthings, the demise of the farthing in 1956, and the farthing I received in change some years ago, given away by George VI being on the obverse, while there was mentions of corned beef leading some to desire a tin thereof, plus mentions of forgettable films I've forgotten about.

Shopping trip to Tesco done dusted washed dried sanitised & put away. Shanks' out & Shanks' back.

Timed right since it's raining now.

Lunch: baked spud etc.

Entertainment: Y&Y on the joys of new build houses.

NZ Border Control. A "pirate" who appears to falling for a Nigerian scam. A chap from Singapore with $150 for a 10 day holiday: back he goes. An aircon unit catches fire & the place gets flooded. Takes 3 hours or more to get it all back up & running. Chinese woman whose husband is overstaying by 6 months: back on the plane. Abusive woman with a shedload of packaged seeds & a couple of bags of loose mixed seeds: $400 fine. Plenty of E and pseudoephedrine, cocaine & the like. Things don't necessarily go better with coke. .

Border Control Canada.

Oz customs thing. A coconut is a drupe not a nut so that customs chap was wrong. Chinese people with the usual selection of chinese "food" including a tasteful pair of deer penises, extracted from the living animal apparently. Korean "student" with bags full of undeclared cigarettes & no course to attend coz he'd been turfed off it (I remember some of those) back on the plane.

Tea: soup etc.

Entertainment: more UFO bollox on blaze,

Scotland Yard "The fatal journey (1954)". More of the lugubrious Lustgarten. The Gypsy didn't do it, he just nicked stuff.

The Mentalist S1 E2

Maigret and the Wine Merchant (2001) S11 E1.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 27 February 2024, 23:06.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Morning denizens

A high, textureless overcast out there today. Currently 2°C and heading for 8° again, with the barometers up some more at 1009/1017mB. No rain predicted, but they said that yesterday and we had several showers, some quite heavy

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Morning all still raining in Milan.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Once the factory show was done, I turned to my book: Shepperton Babylon by Matthew Sweet, a history of the British film industry from its earliest days. Some of the very early silent shorts that have survived are available on the BFI site or on YouTube, so one can learn all about the shenanigans and generally disreputable behaviour of those involved, both actors and producers, before watching them

Goodnight all

Leave a comment:

Working...
X