• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ladymuck
    replied
    Just as I was about to complain that there's 18 mins left of the booked arrival time, the chap phones and says he's going to be 5-10 minutes.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied

Morning all

Damp, windy, cloudy with occasional glimpses of the sky. Slight showers forecast this morning for a short period and then due to return mid-afternoon. Currently 11 degrees ('feels like' 8) with a high of 12 expected. Barometer very much down, to 980 mBar.

Smart meters are being fitted today. I have kindly moved my car off the drive so the installer has somewhere to park.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Morning all
    Slept in and didn't wake until the alarm went off. MMtSH didn't wake either.
    So, a hurried walk has been had, which started in light drizzle and a gusty breeze, but then the precipitation stopped.

TFIF, etc

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    Morning.

Friday.

Dark.

Dank.

Dreary.

Misty.

Grey.

Sunless.

Wet.

Chilly in here at 13.2 deg, 12.5 deg in the kitchen & leanto.

974 mBar, 28.7622 in Hg, 730.56 Torr, 14.12 psi (unchanged), 75% RH (GDR hair), 69% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 27th of August 2019 I was reading "The Accidental American" and had just encountered the part describing the visit of the ex head CIA to Ye Olde Sloughe of Desponde to interrogate my colleagues regarding an ex student "why do you teach them about timers?". .

Freecell score: 89%, running average: 86%.

Entertainment: Oz Highway Patrol: a biker died in this one after trying to pass between two trucks, he never got to see his starring role flat on his back on the road.

Lunch: scrambled egg etc.

Walk (abbreviated) walked during which it drizzled on me.

Entertainment: Oz customs thing: usual Chinese "food" and "medicine", all undeclared, with some Indian (sub continent rather than Native American) food thrown in for good measure: not declared because "it wasn't spicy" . American woman married to someone I assume to be Australian told to tell some confusing story by an immigration lawyer who sounds like he should be struck off. They let her in eventually but it was a close run thing.

Tea: soup etc.

Entertainment: PM. <click>

Wheeler Dealers MGA <click>

The News Quiz from Belfast.

Freecell score: 87%, running average: 86%. Playing like a div.

Coastal Devon & Cornwall with M. Portillo: he's on the Lizard, m'dear. (I don't think anyone still says that these days).

Blaze: Cracking the Code: The Zodiac Killer.

Quest: Spanish Border Control: more smuggled cigarettes at a guess with the odd engine & smuggled car parts thrown in. No engines: fake clothing etc. leading to a sentence between 6 months & 3 years.

Blaze: History's greatest Mysteries. The Amityville Horror. Spooky, man.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 14 February 2024, 18:44.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Morning denizens

Gloomy grey start; though it isn't raining right now, it clearly has been, and is expected to again this morning. It turned very mild overnight though, being 8°C currently and expected to reach 11° by noon. The barometers are all the way down at 962/970mB

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Tonight's viewing was just another episode of the local cop thing. Not very interesting this time; somebody getting clouted near the Clock Tower on a Saturday night isn't exactly an unusual occurrence

And then I started reading Eternity by Greg Bear, the sequel to Eon

Friday tomorrow!

Goodnight all

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    The rain stopped between the appointed times, recommenced on schedule and has continued in varying degrees of enthusiasm since.

Have been watching Kathryn Ryan: Parental Guidance on UKTV Play.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Shopping done, including the new Viz

Nothing but the occasional touch of drizzle on the outward journey

Coming back, though: absolutely tipping down

Nonetheless, I stopped off on the way back at the VAT fraud chip shop, so tea has been jumbo sausage and chips with curry sauce

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Another busy day. Getting very close to being ready to start to switch other people's stuff to use our stuff in production (it's a weird kind of proxy between internal and external services)

There's still a chance that a person far above me in the hierarchy will decree that we should scrap it all in favour of a completely different project, so I'd like to get that done for a few of the other teams just so we can explain that it'll take a while to switch them all back before we turn it off again

The rain seems to have either stopped or eased off greatly, so I may go shopping in a bit. Let the traffic die down first though

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Flat viewing was a bust. Was taken to see a different property than the one I asked to view (same building) and then another was over my budget so I refused to see it. The third option I found out this morning had the kitchen located along one wall of the living room which I absolutely hate so I refused to see that too.

Bloody letting agents. It wasn't the fault of the person I met, rather it was the person who booked the appointment and then took the day off.

Then the agent phoned me back and said the landlord was willing to take an offer on the second one so did I at least want to take a look so I will do that tomorrow afternoon.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X