• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ladymuck
    replied
    Busy day at the coal face. Didn't get to skulk out the back door once the meeting finished but it worked out to be a good day overall so that's not so bad.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Quite a busy day today, but in a good way. Among other things, I created a Confluence page with checkboxes for when various things are working, mainly to give the DM a chance to see where things are at a glance without having to deal with the nightmare that is Jira, and quite a few of them have now been ticked off
    You can link Confluence to Jira so you don't have to even tick things off! Just link to the Jira ticket and it'll pull through the status

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Tea: one of those nice steak and caramelised onion burgers in a sesame bun, with chips

Accompanied by an episode of Fresh Cops, the thing about the younger denizens of our local police stations. Lots of pleasant views of our fair city again, including a bloke getting his head kicked in on what looked like the Braunstone North estate but could also be over Saffron Lane way, and a woman climbing out of the second floor window of her flat over on what was definitely the St Peter's estate. Many years ago, the last of these was on my way into town, so I know it pretty well; it turns out she was in - or getting out of - one of the few remaining 1960s tower blocks over there, at the corner of Jupiter Close

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Quite a busy day today, but in a good way. Among other things, I created a Confluence page with checkboxes for when various things are working, mainly to give the DM a chance to see where things are at a glance without having to deal with the nightmare that is Jira, and quite a few of them have now been ticked off

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    So on Monday a house in the area eek twin A wishes to live in came on the market.

yesterday she sorted out a mortgage - today we went to look at it and an offer has been accepted.

on Monday she was looking at moving out towards the end of the year - now she may be out before the end of April.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    So on Monday a house in the area eek twin A wishes to live in came on the market.

yesterday she sorted out a mortgage - today we went to look at it and an offer has been accepted.

on Monday she was looking at moving out towards the end of the year - now she may be out before the end of April.

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    Morning.

Wednesday.

Grey.

Sunless.

Calm.

Dry.

Chilly in here at 13.2 deg, 12.5 deg in the kitchen, 11.5 deg in the leanto.

1003 mBar, 29.618 in Hg, 752.3 Torr, 14.547 psi, (up from 1002 last night), 75% RH (GDR hair), 70% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 26th of August 2019 I went to Halfords, bought a gallon petrol can, went to Morrisons & filled it, so the brave little soldier next door could mow his fecking lawns. He complained that the lawn was bumpy, to which the reply comes "if you think you can do better carry on". As if that would ever happen. Film of the day was "High Plains Drifter" with that Clinton Eastwood cove, NF's post liking it was apparently a Zenchury, but now is at 826, so wtf has gone on there is anyone's guess.

Sun's out.

Shopping trip to Morrisons & Tesco done dusted washed dried sanitised & put away. 34 bus out, shanks' back.

Lunch: scrambled egg etc.

Entertainment: last bit of TWATO. Forgiveness at 13:45. Not something I'm partial to, personally, revenge being best served cold. .

Walk (greatly abbreviated) walked in the sunshine. Back in time for Nothing to Declare.

Entertainment: Oz customs thing. No frog fat.

"Belle of the Yukon (1944)" a musical with that Randolph Scott chap. He doesn't sing. Or Dance. Very odd indeed. Technicolor 3 strip process that looks in places like the Columba 2 color process.

Tea: soup etc.

Entertainment: PM <click>.

A thing about the myriad format of video tape, most of which I've never heard of let alone encountered.

"Mrs Pym of Scotland Yard (1940)" on TalkingPicturesTV.

Which led to the curious discovery that the 9 Great channels have disappeared: yesterday there were 6 movie channels, today there are 3.

Ho hum. Looks like Freesat is on its way out.

The Bad Skin Clinic. Chap with a large sebaceous cyst on his foreskin. Now that's an operation to watch from behind the settee. Lady with an anal skin tag: duly chopped off. Lady with a curious lump on her buttock: a seroma: drained via a needle. It came back. Lipoderma next. Chap with Hailey-Hailey disease on his privates. Dear Deity. I can't unsee that. Low dose Naltrexone.

Dr Pimple Popper.

A Cold War of Spies on PBS: E3 On the brink of destruction.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 7 February 2024, 21:45.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied

Morning all

Dull and damp. Much wind and rain overnight. Calmer this morning. Currently 5 degrees ('feels like' 3) with a high of 8 expected. Barometer down to 1007 mBar.

On site today, hiding in a corner where I can't be found easily. One meeting at 11am after which I might go home.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Morning denizens

Quite a sunny sort of start compared to the last few days, though with some high dappled stuff giving the sky a bit of texture. Currently just 1°C and no better than 6° expected, while the barometers aren't much changed at 995/1003mB

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    The wind has died down, and the rain has changed to drizzle.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X