• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It has been several years since Creepy first elbowed his way into the world of online computer graphics and boldly proclaimed that he had his eye on nothing less than the goal of UTTER PERVASIVENESS. Well, as anyone who has been following his exploits can attest, he has more than made good on his word. Creepy has found his way into literally thousands of computer generated images, turning up in every imaginable setting and situation, as well as many that begin where imagination leaves off.
    We have learned a lot about Creepy over the years. Did you know, for example, that he seems to have been around at the time of the Big Bang that gave birth to the universe? There are scads of images that place him in the farthest-flung corners of that universe, where he seems to have been deified by the native populations of numerous planets. In many of these far-off places, the present-day populations bear a marked physical resemblance to the clown, since wherever he has acquired adoring followers, he has encouraged and presided over a ritual ceremony to initiate virgins into the full bloom of femalehood.

http://www.creepyclown.com/

Comment

72 Questions about the 72 virgins
      The Palestinian homicide/suicide bombers from the Islamic Jihad, Hamas, and Arafat's terrorist groups that blow themselves up are promised 72 virgins when they reach heaven.

Martin Bodek has 72 questions on how this whole virgin thing works. Here are the top 10:

1) What if the bomber wants girls with more experience?
      2) What if one virgin is no good in bed? Does she get replaced or is he stuck with 71?
      3) If he's gay, does he get male virgins?
      4) What if he's celibate? What does he get?
      5) What if he hasn't reached puberty yet? Does he get 72 Xboxes till he comes of age?
      6) If he's bi, does he get 36 of each?
      7) If he blows himself up while building the bomb, does he still get credit?
      8) What do you call a relationship with 72 women, a menage-a-soixante-deux?
      9) Are they like 72 wives or 1 wife and 71 concubines?
      10) What if he's ugly or smells bad and the virgins don't want anything to do with him?

I copy the full 72 questions below.

http://www.factsofisrael.com/blog/archives/000079.html

Comment

“I ask myself, 'Where does lust come from? Is it something to yield to or be overcome?'”
        -“Bluer than Midnight”, The The

“We commonly speak of the sex 'drive', as if it, like hunger, must be satisfied, or a person will die. Yet there is no evidence that celibacy is in any way damaging to one's health, and it is clear that many celibates lead long, happy lives. Celibacy should be recognised as a valid alternative sexual lifestyle, although probably not everyone is suited to it.”
        -J. S. Hyde, Understanding Human Sexuality, 1986

“Celibacy is hereditary. If your parents didn't have sex, the chances are you won't have sex.”
        -Anonymous.

“The position is undignified, the expense ruinous and the pleasure only momentary.”
        -The Duke of Wellington

“Shopping is better than sex. At least after shopping, if you're not satisfied, you can exchange it for something you really like.”
        -Adrienne Gusoff

Contents:
        0: Where does this document come from?
        1: What kind of people are celibate?
        2: Is there really a celibate viewpoint?
        3: Let's hear some other opinions!
        4: How can you tell people you are celibate?
        5: How can I help my local celibate?
        6: What are the advantages of celibacy?
        7: What are the disadvantages?
        8: Who are the celebrity celibates?
        9: Alternatives to Sex
        10: Let's talk about sticky stuff
        11: Celibate booklist
        12: Other Resources
        13: Conclusion

http://www.glandscape.com/celibate.html

Comment

Vinyl STICKY STUFF - for scrapbooking, crafting and indoor use

Vinyl RAINBOW DECAL pacs - for Oudoor use like boats, vehicles, buildings, signs, mailboxes 3-5yr

APPLICATION TAPE - to aid in lifting and transfering cut designs to the project, makes handling the vinyl sheets simple

COLORED CARD STOCK - perfect stock for cutting on die cutting systems like the Craft Robo

POLISHED STONE PAPER packs - Cuts like butter, radient colors

DIE CUTTING TOOLS - Klic-N-Kut, Craft Robo, Craft Robo Pro and AC-40, a range of machines for a range of work

REPLACEMENT PARTS - for cutting tools: Blades, Mats, Cutting Strips

OCCASIONAL SPECIALS - any miscellanious scrap/craft supplies that might appear here

http://www.stickystuff.biz/

Comment

Back: Canoe Building Sequence

Click on a picture to enlarge it.
            Next: Beginning Stripping

Cutting strips.

Helper clamps the part of the strip I've cut to prevent it from falling.

The saw on the jig, stopped in the middle of a cut.
            Click for full sized diagram of strip cutting jig.

The last few strips from a board are cut while the board is supported by the next one.

We used a hand skill saw with a jig to cut strips, rather than a table saw, and it went very smoothly. I used a narrow kerf 24 tooth carbide blade, with the saw base screwed securely to a roughly 1 foot square of 3/4" plywood. After attachment, the blade was plunged through the plywood. A 2 foot long guide board was attached, measuring from the edge of the cut, to set the strip thickness. The key to clean strips is that a small brad was added as a spreader following the blade, just in line with the cut. The brad has its head nipped off to just under 3/4", and the end is ground to remove any sharp edges. I attached a flat surface to my strongback, held the 20' cedar boards with spring clamps to this surface, and ripped the strips. The weight of the saw is flat on the board, and the brad keeps the cut strip from moving into the blade. Care should be taken that the guide board remains pressed sideways against the edge of the board being cut, to make sure the thickness is constant. A spring clamp is enough to hold the board from slipping lengthwise as you cut, but firm support is needed along the side of the board. When the board is wide, it can be spring clamped to the table. As it gets narrower, the next board is clamped alongside to support the one you cut. When cutting the last board, I used a lot of scraps clamped to the table to support the board. A couple of spring clamps can also be used to hold the new strip near the board behind the cut, so it does not fall to the ground. You need only slightly more space than the length of the boards, and I was amazed how smooth the strips are, without marks from the cut. I got 30 strips from each 10" wide board, with about 1/2" left. There is less than 1/8" variation in thickness of the residual piece, after all 30 cuts. This was quite easy for an inexperienced woodworker to do, and took half as much space as a table saw would have required, since I had to move only the saw after cutting each strip. It took a few hours to cut enough strips for two canoes.

http://www.home.earthlink.net/~durgerian/id5.html

Comment

Inexperienced Iris Grower Has Questions clip this post email this post what is this?
              see most clipped and recent clippings
              Posted by alameda 8 (My Page) on Sun, Apr 30, 06 at 11:37

I received a piece of a beautiful iris last year from a friend, I potted it in an 8 x 8 square terra cotta pot, it grew well and has put out another fan. I just noticed yesterday that this new fan has 3 buds! I understand that the mother fan will not bloom again but will put out babies that will. My questions:
              1. After blooming, should I plant this iris in the ground?
              2. Should I separate these 2 fans after blooming so that both can make new babies that will bloom?
              3. I dont know how to fertilize......need advice on this.
              Thanks for any help!
              Judith

http://forums.gardenweb.com/forums/l...371116715.html

Comment

Fertilization is more a chain of events than a single, isolated phenomenon. Indeed, interruption of any step in the chain will almost certainly cause fertilization failure. The chain begins with a group of changes affecting the sperm, which prepares them for the task ahead.

Successful fertilization requires not only that a sperm and egg fuse, but that not more than one sperm fuses with the egg. Fertilization by more than one sperm - polyspermy - almost inevitably leads to early embryonic death. At the end of the chain are links that have evolved to efficiently prevent polyspermy.

In overview, fertilization can be described as the following steps:

Sperm Capacitation

Freshly ejaculated sperm are unable or poorly able to fertilize. Rather, they must first undergo a series of changes known collectively as capacitation. Capacitation is associated with removal of adherent seminal plasma proteins, reorganization of plasma membrane lipids and proteins. It also seems to involve an influx of extracellular calcium, increase in cyclic AMP, and decrease in intracellular pH. The molecular details of capacitation appear to vary somewhat among species.

http://arbl.cvmbs.colostate.edu/hboo...fert/fert.html

Comment

- Seminal Fluid -

2/10/03 re: Pregnancy induction in woman with allergy to semen
                  I have a patient with semen allergy with localized reactions. The patient's goal is pregnancy. I have located an OB/GYN who will work with the patient. I want a contact person for guidance to proceed.
                  As you likely know, the allergic reaction in the woman you describe is directed against proteins in the semen of the male partner. It can be manifest as a local inflammatory reaction in the vagina, or less often as a systemic anaphylactic reaction in the woman. The diagnosis is strongly supported if no reactions occur in the woman following sexual intercourse when the partner wears a condom (see enclosed abstract). Of course, pregnancy is almost always prevented with such condom use.

When the allergic reaction is localized to the vagina, it may be prevented, or at least reduced by local application of a topical cromolyn preparation prior to intercourse (see enclosed abstract). If the woman has exhibited a systemic anaphylactic reaction, attempts have been made to desensitize her to semen proteins with varying degrees of success (see enclosed reference). You may wish to contact Dr. I. Leonard Bernstein, FAAAAI in Cincinnati, OH who has reported details of such a desensitization procedure

However, it appears that such women exhibiting allergic reactions to the ejaculate during intercourse often do not react to the sperm washed free of semen proteins. Therefore, sperm which have been appropriately separated from the semen and washed have been used successfully for artificial insemination (see enclosed abstract). Since specialized facilities for obtaining such washed sperm suspensions from the partner’s ejaculate may be needed, it may be worthwhile to obtain the assistance of a facility carrying out artificial insemination procedures in your area. Such a facility should also be well equipped to determine the most appropriate time within your patient’s menstrual cycle to carry out such artificial insemination attempts.

http://www.aaaai.org/aadmc/ate/seminal_fluid.html

Comment

Alternative Insemination FAQs

What are my options for alternative insemination in terms of donors?
                    Will my partner have any legal parental rights over our child?
                    Can I meet the sperm donor before insemination?
                    How much will it cost?
                    Are there medical risks involved?
                    How safe is the sperm? What tests does it go through?
                    How many insemination attempts will it take before I get pregnant?
                    What about herbal fertility supplements?

What are my options for alternative insemination in terms of donors?

You have the option of using a known donor, an unknown donor, or a knowable donor. You also have the option of having the insemination done at a clinic by a doctor, or doing self-insemination at home. Some people prefer the latter because they feel it allows the process to be more personal and romantic.

http://www.gaycenter.org/program_folders/kids/faq

Comment

Self-insemination

A Private Conception Alternative
                      By Kelly Burgess

Andrea Evans*, 33, and her partner, Leslie Fielding*, 30, of San Jose, Calif., probably gave more consideration to the idea of having a baby than most couples. In addition to the usual questions they asked themselves about the commitment parenthood requires, they investigated other factors of childbearing that are important to gay and lesbian couples, such as custody issues and alternate conception techniques. In the end, they decided to try self-insemination using anonymous, frozen sperm from a sperm bank. Fielding is expecting their child in May.

After reviewing their options, self-insemination was a no-brainer for Evans and Fielding. "We were very interested in not medicalizing a process that should be very natural and personal," Evans says. "We have friends who had had a baby through self-insemination, so we knew it could be done easily and a bit more cheaply at home, but primarily we were just wanting to keep the process as a loving time between us. We talked a lot about not wanting an overly medicalized birth, so it seemed silly to go that route for the insemination."

http://preconception.com/resources/a...semination.htm

Comment

Working...
                      X