• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• xoggoth
    replied
    Loony lady 1 could not make the cabaret as she had migraine. Got there and all the tables were full, looked like it would be just me right at the back with a couple of strangers. Thought of leaving but then a nice lady I know spotted me and came over and invited me to her table. She's quite young and a burlesque dancer. Chewy!

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Burger and chips for tea

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    All meetings done for the day. Far too many meetings in the diary for tomorrow. Some monster has even put one in for 4pm.
    What kind of person does that!

Just took a quick stroll over to the bins with the normal recycling, plus a bag full of cardboard from recent delivery boxes. That could just be emptied loose into the bin, so the bag came back and is now in the recycling bin in the kitchen, thereby being recycled for the first time within minutes of having been pulled off the roll

Yesterday I popped down to the car to see how the tyre pressure was doing on the dodgy wheel. It hasn't lost any pressure at all since it was last used on Sunday, so that's OK now

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    All meetings done for the day. Far too many meetings in the diary for tomorrow. Some monster has even put one in for 4pm.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Lunch: pork cutlet in a wholemeal bap with apple sauce

The freezer is struggling on. I've distributed thermometers around inside it to keep track of how it's doing, and things aren't at the point of having to chuck everything out yet. It stopped just before lunch which made me wonder if it had given up the ghost. But then there was a sort of gurgling going on, which it does when freeing itself of frost, and after a while it resumed its quiet chugging. So maybe it'll hold out a while longer until I can get it diagnosed and, one hopes, fixed

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied

Afternoon all

Started off with blue sky and some cloud. Then more cloud came along. Apparently the balance will tip back towards more blue sky this afternoon. Currently 10 degrees with a high of 11 expected. Barometer remains the same at 1023 mBar.

Busy morning. Meetings then handling deliveries from Ocado and the Dorset Meat Company. I think HWMBO has something coming from Amazon too but he might be here by the time that arrives.

Bed stripped and airing but I won't be able to do the laundry until Saturday on account of visitors tomorrow and it being too cold outside for anything to dry today.

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    And tonight's viewing started with a repeat of the Brighton cops thing, followed by Why Planes Vanish: The Hunt for MH370 on iPlayer. Nothing much new except some guy's conjecture that analysis of WSPR radio signal data could show where it is, a hypothesis which is now being tested by researchers at Liverpool University and may suggest a search location that hasn't been looked at yet
    Yes, the WSPR thing was on the 5 version the other night, along with all the same people being interviewed.

Morning Afternoon.

Thursday.

Dry.

Sunny.

Blue sky (though it was black in Swansea for a while).

Chilly in here at 12.3 deg, 11.5 deg in the kitchen, 11 deg in the leanto.

1015 mBar, 29.973 in Hg, 761.3 Torr, 14.72 psi, (down from 1017 last night), 75% RH (GDR hair), 62% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 5th of September 2019 NF was off to see the quack (assuming he could manage the trek as far as next door) while I was watching the last hour of "Nixon (1995)" with Bob Hoskins & Hannibal Lecter.

Lunch: breakfast since I didn't have it at breakfast.

Entertainment: Y&Y Gap finders: vintage electric grades for cars. Sliced Bread: non milk milk.

NZ Customs: chap with someone else's wallet from his job as a taxi driver that he's taken to Nigeria on the off chance of meeting some septic chap it actually belongs to. More succulent plants from china. The usual MDMA concealments, these in "framed" pictures with the MDMA in the corrugated backing. And a cat. And a stuffed owl that turned out to be protected under CITES so it got confiscated by the Crown, fumigated & presented to a museum (lack of paperwork). Bet the importer was impressed.

Canadian customs seen it: thusly: Walk (unabbreviated) walked in the sunshine & cold wind.

Oz customs thing: chap sent back to blighty for a bank job in 1977. Chinese "food" in bagfuls. Chap brought back two packets of "noodles" someone had asked him to bring back from Vietnam: by great good fortune it turned out to be salt encrusted seaweed.

4 lawns mown: I dunno what I seeded parts of them with but by jingo it takes some mowing.

Tea: chilli con carne etc. I think the chilli powder is broken.

Entertainment: UFO hunters: bollox with Stonehenge & dowsing thrown in for good measure.

The Mentalist S1 E9.

The Directors: Carol Reed.

Trucking Hell S8 E6

The Movies: the 1960s Part one. I don't do musicals & can't be arsed to wait for something more inneresting.

The Titan Sub Disaster Part II. The odd banging noises heard after the thing had imploded.

UFO bollox on blaze.

Roy Noble talking to Barry John.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 10 March 2024, 13:08.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Morning all
    MMtSH decided he wanted to get up at 6am. As a result of which, I've done a 7.25km walk and a total of 8,821 steps so far this morning.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Morning denizens

Another grey start but not as foggy this time, though still slightly so. Currently 4°C and once again expected to get to 10°, as the barometers clamber up a bit further to 1012/1020mB

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Tea tonight was oniony chicken casserole with chips and peas

And tonight's viewing started with a repeat of the Brighton cops thing, followed by Why Planes Vanish: The Hunt for MH370 on iPlayer. Nothing much new except some guy's conjecture that analysis of WSPR radio signal data could show where it is, a hypothesis which is now being tested by researchers at Liverpool University and may suggest a search location that hasn't been looked at yet

Then some reading of the Metal documentation, as I probably stand a better chance of getting somewhere with it if I know about it

Goodnight all

Leave a comment:

Working...
X