• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ladymuck
    replied

Morning all

Sunny with lumps of fluff. A light breeze. Currently 11 degrees with a high of 14 expected. No rain forecast. Barometer up to 1025 mBar.

Off to see Mum today. Need to check things like tyre pressures before I go.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Morning all
    Photography, walking and gardening yesterday before dinner round at a friend’s house. Late home, and even Max was tired this morning.
    Clear skies, looks like it could be another nice day.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    The usual wildlife stuff on the telly today, including a Monkey Life special on wooly monkeys. Next week, the new series starts, featuring the two new chimps coming from Argentina

This evening, I've started reading Julia by Sandra Newman, which describes the events of Orwell's Nineteen Eighty-Four from the perspective of said Julia, Winston's lover and co-conspirator against the benevolence of Big Brother

Rather oddly, there were two novels with that premise published last year, a few months apart. I've got them both, so it'll be interesting to see which does it better.

In other news, the USAF Stratotanker that was on patrol over Iraq but then started squawking 7700 is descending towards the air base from which it took off, in Qatar. According to FlightRadar24 it's sixty-five years old, so I'm not surprised it didn't want to stay out late on a Saturday night

Goodnight all

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Tea was delivered from the curry house past the park that I first tried a few weeks ago, and was very nice indeed: tandoori chicken, lamb samosas, chicken madras, keema rice, and a naan which was thrown in for free

There are leftovers

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    My little patch of lawn has been mowed. It's a bit warm out there and a quick check of the weather app says it's 21 degrees

I don't think I'll be doing much more garden based pottering today.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    The moderately-sized tree in the middle of the flowerbed in the big lawn has blossomed (pink) over the last couple of days

If last year is any guide, the rosebushes that attend it will start blooming soon.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Afternoon denizens

Fairly cloudy out but mild again at 15°C and heading for 17°, though the barometers are heading downwards at 1008/1015mB

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied

Morning all

Sunny with lumps of fluff. Dry. No rain forecast. Currently 17 degrees with a high of 20 expected. Barometer down to 1023 mBar.

It's high time I mowed the lawn for the first time this year. So that will be today's job, along with some general titivating as interest levels allow. The front path is full of weeds so I'll give that a spray to make it easier to remove them.

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    I never did get around to listening to the 4th Shaun of the Dead commentary on the dvd. Wrong film: it's Hot Fuzz with 4 commentaries IIRC. Which I obviously don't.

Morning.

Dry.

Grey.

Sunless.

Dreary.

Dark.

Chilly in here at 14.6 deg, 15 deg in the kitchen, 14 deg in the leanto.

1019 mBar, 30.09 in Hg, 764.3 Torr, 14.779 psi, (down from 1022 last night), 77% RH (GDR hair), 73% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 16th of September 2019 I watched "Constantine", whereas NF watched "Odette", the film about the extremely brave lady from SOE.

This morning's tedious dream before waking involved difficulties filling in a timesheet, oddly the old Dean of Faculty at Ye Olde Sloughe of Desponde was there too. And so was Sid.

Walk (unabbreviated) walked in the grey gloom & drizzle. Lovely.

Lunch: beans on toast etc.

Entertainment: Money Box. The Now Show.

Freecell score: 92%, running average: 86%. Quit whilst you're ahead on recent trends. .

"Hombre (1967)" with that Paul Newman as a white man brought up by the Apache when he was a boy. It doesn't end well for him.

Tea: bol (tinned ) with spag. Very odd flavour with more than a hint of liquorice which is quite a lot more than odd. Won't be repeating that experience.

Entertainment: Dixon of Dock Green S18 E1 "Jig-Saw". Oddly enough the star appears in another very similar film with that title (1962) but he's a D.I. in that, rather than a sgt. Windsor Davies appears.

No Maigret. Budgie instead which I won't be watching.

The Edgar Wallace Mystery Theatre "Never back losers (1961)". Amusing enough.

Looks like I may have sold my Revox A700 to a chap in Cardiff.

The CFL in my living room reading lamp just gave up the ghost. Took 20 minutes to find a replacement since the fitting is E27 rather than BC22. I refrained from employing one of the 33W E27 curly wurly ones that were 50p from B&Q some 5 or 6 years ago (or more).
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 13 April 2024, 22:24.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Tonight's major motion picture premiere was one of those that everybody else seems to have seen already but I never had: Shaun of the Dead (2004) which is about some zombies in London (mainly the north thereof from what I could tell). It's good fun

And then a rewatch of the alternative universe reboot of Star Trek (2009). Again, it's good fun, though I suspect the special effects were a bit costlier

Finally, a couple more episodes of S3 of The Wire

Goodnight all

Leave a comment:

Working...
X