• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning.

Friday apparently.

Quite disturbed sleep but managed to stay there until 08:30 which is rather better than 06:05 etc.

Dry (as in it's damp but not currently in deluge mode).

Grey.

Sunless.

Chilly in here at 16.4 deg, 16.5 deg in the kitchen, 14 deg in the leanto.

997 mBar, 29.44 in Hg, 747.8 Torr, 14.46 psi, (up from 985 last night), 76% RH.

Meanwhile on the 17th of November 2019 I did the Sunday shop after cooking The Sunday Lunch of roast beef, whilst railing at the idle pair next door and their inability to clean any fecking thing, whereas LM was off on a jaunt in that London despite tube difficulties, and xogg commented on the propensity of cats to crap on his lawn.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; Today, 07:55.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all

Dull, wet, raining. Currently 9 degrees with a high of 13 expected. Rain supposed to cease by lunchtime. Barometer up to 996 mBar.

Tired. Stayed up late doing nothing productive.

HWMBO is at Glasgow airport, on his way down again. For a change, he's arriving around lunchtime rather than getting the last flight of the day.

Comment

Morning denizens

Grey day, but dry after overnight rain, at least for now. It seems quite breezy. Cold too: currently 9°C but "feels like" 0°, with an expected high of 12°. The barometers are back up a bit at 987/995mB

Comment

I was thinking of going shopping, but on reflection, I'm not sure I need anything. There's quite a lot of stuff in the built-in freezer that needs getting through, for a start; certainly enough to see me through the next week or more. So I don't think I'll bother

I suppose I could do other stuff instead, like taking things to the tip or the storage unit. I may or may not get around to doing something; we shall see

TBH my back is playing up quite a bit at the moment, so I'm not sure further lifting and shifting is the best plan. Could go out to the countryside for a walk, but I'll probably get trapped in a flooded field or something

Comment

Lunch: cocktail sausages and crisps again

Just prodded the work laptop into life in case anybody had any messages for me about my resumption of service next week. No, it turns out, but the mouse battery was flat so that's now recharging. Better charge the keyboard before Monday as well

That done, I have put some bedding in the wash and made myself a coffee

Comment

Tea has been a rack of smoky BBQ ribs with fries

I've just remembered I was going to have a glass of champagne with it, but I forgot. I don't really feel like champagne tonight anyway. Maybe I'll save it until I've finally got the official written confirmation from the Halifax that the mortgage is done and dusted

Comment

Working...
              X