• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tea has been lamb scouse with ends of both seedy and non-seedy bloomer

This was accompanied by Apple's WWDC keynote. The Vision Pro alternative reality thing looks pretty cool - well, it looks pretty ridiculous from the outside as these things always do, but it looks like an impressive bit of kit. Won't be available in the UK until at least a year from now though, which will at least give me a chance to save up the three or four grand it'll cost

Comment

No idea what the car was as I was watching the Apple thing. I recorded the gold diggers, but didn't pay much attention to it as it was much the same as usual.

Then, in the new gold diggers, Shane was back without Russell, as the gold company that's offered to buy his land wants him to prove it's got a decent amount of gold left in it, so he gets to do some more prospecting on his own. But the main thing was that his digger had been left in a sort of depression that had been subject to heavy rain and had sunk deep in the mud, leading to a kind of Trucking Hell scenario where he had to get it lifted up far enough that a friend could then haul it out with a very large piece of earthmoving machinery. He found some decent gold after all that though, as did the others

Another early night against the early sunrise now

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning.

Tuesday.

Awakened unbidden at 05:30. Sleep did not return. Book read. Sleep still did not return.

Freecell score: 89%, running average: 85%.

Dry.

Wanly sunny.

Clouds. .

Cool in here at 19.9 deg, 21 deg in the kitchen, 19 deg in the leanto.

1018 mBar, 30.06 in Hg, 763.56 Torr, 14.765 psi, (unchanged), 69% RH (GDR hair), 62% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 13th of June 2019 it was raining, and covbob's unfortunate cat was about to lose an eye. .

Massacre of the brambles 2023 version. Stone me they grow fast.

Lunch: baked potato with cheese & baked beans, red pippy corner yog, bramble jelly & marmalade on slices of almost toasted hot bread, 0.91*1.55 pints of good Glengettie tea.

No Glengettie tea bags in Tesco yesterday. Must be another world shortage.

Entertainment: Y&Y <click>.

Flagging a bit now. .

Much of the house roughly vacced aside from the front room cum office cum junk room (though most other rooms also qualify as junk rooms really, it's just that the front room is packed to the gunwhales) which will receive some attention tomorrow.

Did I mention that one of the opening lights in the bay window has detonated itself rather more than the other two did? Whilst the glass in three windows merely cracked but stayed in place, the one in the bay window has smashed with bits falling inside and little pieces of glass decorating the inside windowsill. Can't reach said windowsill without moving a shedload of crap. Looks as if the window is leaking a bit too. I wonder how much a new bay window costs.

£2k+ apparently. Reroofing it is extra.

Tea: battered cod (or maybe haddock), some mango slices, a yog, 0.91*1.55 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: PM.

Wheeler Dealers S13 E4 Chevrolet Luv: it's the one where Edd is missing on & off all the way through and mouthy fat boy claims himself a tool cabinet and starts hammering the crap out of stuff. Bought: $1k, total: $2,555, sold: $3k5. Edd demos a couple of paintless dent removers: one using electromagnetic induction to warm the metal up and the other using hot melt glue and some pegs plus a puller thing to remove other dents. Added air shocks and a in cab compressor, plus a bluetooth radio. Edd changed the sump plug gasket, the gearbox to propshaft oil seal, and the oil seal on the RHS halfshaft housing.

Should have remembered that Colonel March and are on from 18:00, rather more inneresting than the above. Which ain't difficult.

Freecell score: 90%, running average: 85% (85.39%).

Human Jungle. "Fine Feathers".

Maigret's Mistake (1994). S4 E4. Bit out of order after S5 last week but there you go.

Brian Cox in Calcutta back in 2009 about the Dundee jute workers.
        Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 6 June 2023, 21:58.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning denizens

Another grey start, currently 11°C, 17° expected, and the barometers are stuck on 1014/1022mB

Comment

Lunch has been Scotch broth, accompanied by seedy wholemeal as that's the only sliced one they had when I was shopping

The disabled fox was wandering around earlier but the lawn is now deserted. Nice roses of various colours in the central flowerbed though

Comment

A cool start to the day has warmed considerably. Now comfortable without being overbearing.

Weather same.

Dog walked in the cool of the day. Dog now asleep.

"Hunters 2" now finished following a child free evening luxuriating in the peace and my first beer(s) in over three years (Amstel thanks for asking).

Will scour Amazon Prime later for the next big thing whilst waiting for season 2 of "Reacher", "Peripheral", and Season 4 for "The Boys".

---

Former member of IPSE.

---
              Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

Comment

Afternoon all

Cloudy but with enough gaps for it to be quite bright. Currently 16 degrees and the high will be 17. Barometer down a bit to 1024 mBar.

Rubbish day at the office. I just seem to deal with complaint after complaint. I never signed up to work in customer services.

Tapped up various contacts in the hope one of them has something on the go.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

This was accompanied by Apple's WWDC keynote. The Vision Pro alternative reality thing looks pretty cool - well, it looks pretty ridiculous from the outside as these things always do, but it looks like an impressive bit of kit. Won't be available in the UK until at least a year from now though, which will at least give me a chance to save up the three or four grand it'll cost
                  Nice overview of the Vision Pro at https://www.techradar.com/reviews/ap...ore-the-future

Love the fact they took the glasses away to work out what lenses were needed for it to work...
                  merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

After work, I headed round the corner to the chemist to pick up the monthly prescription. I ordered this a week ago today on the surgery website, and records show they issued it electronically to the pharmacy the next day, so I assumed it would be ready for me - in fact, had been ready since last Thursday (I kept forgetting to go and get it).

Instead, they appeared shocked and confused by the notion that a prescription might have been issued, deliberated for a long time over the computer before finally managing to track it down, and then informed me it would be "a few minutes" as they prepared to deal with dispensing it, possibly for the first time ever judging by their demeanour

Anyway, all sorted and I daresay they're now having a nice cup of tea to help them rally from the shock

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                      TFBSZ
                      Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                      After work, I headed round the corner to the chemist to pick up the monthly prescription. I ordered this a week ago today on the surgery website, and records show they issued it electronically to the pharmacy the next day, so I assumed it would be ready for me - in fact, had been ready since last Thursday (I kept forgetting to go and get it).

Instead, they appeared shocked and confused by the notion that a prescription might have been issued, deliberated for a long time over the computer before finally managing to track it down, and then informed me it would be "a few minutes" as they prepared to deal with dispensing it, possibly for the first time ever judging by their demeanour

Anyway, all sorted and I daresay they're now having a nice cup of tea to help them rally from the shock
                      You mean you had to, er, WAIT?

Like some sort of animal?

Shocked.
                      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Working...
                      X