• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    And on a 'chury too! (Not that WTFH will appreciate that, being on a different post count an' all)

Comment

Much laundering has been done. Although it took several hours for me to get started on it because I was updating my naff travel blog with my travels.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

And on a 'chury too! (Not that WTFH will appreciate that, being on a different post count an' all)
        I like the tag on the birthday thread

Tea has been a nice big fry-up

And TV has been the usual Canadian customs and New Zealand traffic cops

Comment

The bed was made earlier when doing one of many trips with laundry.

Just remembered that the WM beeped a good while ago and I've not rescued the contents for draping about. This means that the last load, HWMBO's shirts, have not been washed but he's not back until Wednesday so I've plenty of time yet. I'm not putting another load on now as that means I'll have to stay up to wait for it to finish.

Comment

There was supposed to be a new episode of 24 Hours in A&E but it started with an old introduction from St. George's in London rather than the Nottingham one, and the first patient was a woman who fell backwards into an empty swimming pool, who I saw in an old one a few weeks ago. So it's either a clip show or a repeat. Therefore I watched an old one I haven't seen instead

And then I started reading Lies We Sing to the Sea by Sarah Underwood, which is about a young oracle who's sacrificed to Poseidon by the prince of Ithaca, only for Poseidon to save her life, albeit changing her into something not quite human, so she can avenge him for something Odysseus had done centuries before that had annoyed him.

Goodnight all

Comment

morning all
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning denizens

Ripply clouds with gaps letting the sun through quite often out there this morning. Chilly still at 2°C, maybe reaching 8° later, and the barometers have soared upwards to 1013/1021mB

Feeling rather BST-lagged today; a night plagued by odd and occasionally unsettling dreams hasn't helped

Comment

Morning.

Monday.

Dry.

Sunny.

Chilly in here at 12.8 deg, 12 deg in the kitchen, 11 deg in the leanto, 7 deg in the saltinghouse.

1022 mBar, in Hg, Torr, psi, (up from 1017 last night), 75% RH (GDR hair), 70% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 15th of May 2019 I donated some books to Oxfam (that must have been a long stagger from the docks to Castle street), while the SS Galatea, a buoy vessel, was leaving the docks, and someone had found some work for me to do, while NF had scored some cumberland sausages by mistake.

Smalls in the WM.

Smalls out of the WM & pegged out on the line.

Shirts in the WM.

Shirts out of the WM and pegged out on the line.

Cottons in the WM.

Shopping trip to Tesco done dusted washed dried sanitised & put away.

Walked down to catch the 34 rather than waiting for the X7, but the 34 was late, so I missed the 34 on the way back by a second, caught the 204 instead.

Cottons out of the WM & pegged out on the line in the sun.

Lunch: poached tomato and scrambled egg on Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed toasted crust, bramble jelly and marmalade on slices of lightly toasted toast, red corner yog, 0.91*1.51 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Y&Y waffling on about the usual whines & complaints.

TWATO.

Shirts in off the line & roughly iRoned whilst listening to

The Infinite Monkey Cage: Magic Materials.

Walk (abbreviated) walked in the sunshine: warm on the way up, not so warm on the way back down with the wind in my face.

Those cottons that were dry in off the line & those that required iRoning duly iRoned, now airing over the banisters.

Tea: chicken in white sauce with rice nn peas, the last of the mango slices, a yog, 0.91*1.51 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: as much of PM as I was able to tolerate, which wasn't much. Apparently some scot who's never done anything other than politics (aside from about 5 minutes in an O2 call centre) is now the leader of the SNP.

Wheeler Dealers S10 E3 Range Rover. Unknown on MOT site. Bought: £5k, total: £9565, sold: £10k5. Paint job. DeGary-ed. New injection loom. New airpump. Refurb wheels.

Everything in off the line & airing upstairs, smalls & cottons.

NCIS S19 E5 "Face the strange": GibbsGibbsGibbsLess. Replaced by the new chap.

Blaze is infested with UFOs again. Very tedious. The Ancient Aliens enthusiasts are out in force as might be expected.

Had a flareup of some dermatitis. Very itchy. Very irritating. Might have to resort to some steroid cream to knock it back.
                  Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 27 March 2023, 21:44.
                  When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all

Lovely sunny day, warm in the sunshine, chilly in the shade. Currently 8 degrees with a high of 9 expected. Light showers forecast overnight. Barometer significantly up to 1024 mBar.

Off to Sofia again today, back this evening. Currently delayed but the bonus is that the flight has changed to T3 for the summer schedule so I get to visit the Cathay Pacific, Qantas, American Airlines and the BA lounges (although why bother with the BA lounges when there's CX to go to).

Comment

And I got up early enough to get the last of the laundry done and hung about.

Comment

Working...
                      X