• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And so with a score of 71-19 it’s TFBSZ
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
      And so with a score of 71-19 it’s TFBSZ
      One thing I learned when I had the plague of mice was that they'll come back from quite a long way away. Like, half a mile or more. You may well be throwing the same mice out over and over again

Simpsons: Moe throws Barney out the front door of the tavern, but Barney immediately appears from behind him.

Comment

The car earlier was a BMW M5; currently SORN, MOT expired early in 2021

And some of the gold diggers found a massive nugget worth something like $200,000. That's the way to do it

In the old-opal-hunter-teaches-young-opal-hunter thing, they went to Tasmania to seek sapphires at the bottom of a river and, after a detour to look for extinct Tasmanian tigers, ended up working on a lobster boat. The old one got so seasick they had to put back in to port and leave him on the dock, while the young one earned $500 for hauling in pots containing 117 lobsters once they'd put out to sea again

Tea, somewhere in the midst of all that, was pork chops with chips and beans

Early night now.

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all
          Murky and damp out.

Downstairs trap was successful, but a mouse managed to set off the one in the attic without going in.
          I expect some of them are the same, but would be surprised if it was just 3 mice running round in circles.
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning denizens

Bits of sunlight this morning as the cloud is patchy, though more patch than not, at least from where I'm sitting. No snow or ice, or not yet. Chilly at 1°C, 5° expected later, and -3° tonight. The barometers are down some more at 988/996mB

Comment

Morning.

Tuesday apparently.

Damp.

Dreary.

Dire.

Grey.

Sunless.

Cold in here at 10.7 deg, 10.5 deg in the kitchen, 10 deg in the leanto.

999 mBar, 29.5 in Hg, 749.311 Torr, 14.4893 psi, (unchanged), 73% RH (GDR hair), 69% RH (Lidl electric).

And another flat bed sheet bites the dust. Oh how I miss dear old Shaws the Drapers. .

Meanwhile on the 4th of May 2019 NF was being Bored about ley lines and police boxes and such like whilst I, as ever, was railing about the idle mother****er next door and that expensive lawnmower I bought the sod.

Extensive research (i.e. 5 minutes on google) reveals that the well known Homing Mouse can return from as far away as two miles.

Which explains why my distinctly non humane traps were A Good Idea.

Following the bedsheet debacle, the bed has been remade during which the fitted sheet show signs of not last much longer, which is curious since it's had very little use compared with the flat sheets.

Investigations of the chest of drawers revealed a plethora of table cloths that will never be used (some of which were embroidered by my very late Grandmother more than half a century ago, and probably 60 odd years ago) plus a number of bedsheets that will be pressed into use as needs be. Another of the current bedsheets shows signs of imminent rupture so that can go on the bed next time to get it over with.

In other other news, the suns's out, with patches of blue sky evident.

Lunch: baked potato with cheese, baked beans and a Morrisons steak & kidney pie, a red pippy corner yog, bramble jelly and marmalade on slices of toast, 0.91*1.57 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Y&Y waffling on about early years child care.

Walk (unabbreviated) walked in the sunshine. I was so warm I had to take off the gloves & scarf. Phew wot a scorcher. .

More Ercol chairs duly cleaned up & polished ready for donation to British Heart Foundation, along with a drop leaf table (the one I broke my toe on the foot thereof), and a "Lloyd Loom Lusty" half moon glass topped linen basket.

Tea: battered cod, some peach slices, a yog, 0.91*1.53 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: PM.

Wheeler Dealers S9 E4 Renault Alpine 310: hen's teeth rare in this country. Bought: Euro 14k, £12k, total: £13k5, sold: £13k5. Zero "profit".

On top of which it broke down on the way to Blighty from that France and had to be trailered home by Workshop Paul (apparently the guy who did all the research & buying in reality, plus a fair percentage of the realy spannering).

Replacement water pump, which required bodging, to cure the overheating & water leaks, replaced the rear wheel bearings which required much more dismantling & suchlike than might be expected, along with the creation of A Special Spanner to undo some weird nut that held said bearing in place. New bearing very rare: £80 from that Germany.

And, to round the lunacy off: they fit a fecking fire breathing Holley 390cfm 4 barrel carb which is "easy to set up". Like feck it is. Unless you've got a rolling road.

Who do you think you are? Lee Mack. He's walking on the Somme battlefield. His grandfather survived the mincing machine. The other side of the family survived the Irish Civil War.

Some nonsense about Wordsworth and daffodils and suchlike on Sky Arts.

Maigret and the Flemish House: the subtitled version from 1992 which seemed somewhat different from the Rupert Davies version of 1963.

The Repair Shoppe.

Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 7 March 2023, 22:57.
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all

It wa quite dull earlier but seems a bit brighter out now, although still overcast. Signs of damp about. Currently 4 degrees ('feels like' 1) with a high of 6 forecast. Cloud cover set to clear as the day progresses. Snow showers expected overnight. Barometer down to 1002 mbar.

Busy morning. More bashing from management about reports availability but we did get one live yesterday and another is heading that way today. Data feeds are blocking a third.

Comment

Lunch: Scotch broth with a bit of wholemeal bread. Very tasty

There was a few minutes of exceptionally light snow earlier, but so light that even if it had settled it wouldn't really have been visible to the naked eye.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                    Morning all
                    Murky and damp out.

Downstairs trap was successful, but a mouse managed to set off the one in the attic without going in.
                    I expect some of them are the same, but would be surprised if it was just 3 mice running round in circles.
                    spray paint numbers on them as you release them - you may be surprised how often they return.
                    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Arty farty thing this morning. Actually one other bloke there for a change. Just got back from me walk in time, it's just started snowing.
                      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
                      X