• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tonight's major motion picture premiere was Along Came a Spider (2001) in which Morgan Freeman reprises his role in Kiss the Girls as detective and nut job expert Alex Cross. Very good, I thought

And then a rewatch of In Time (2011) because I like it; and whilst on the theme of Amanda Seyfried in a futuristic dystopia, I figured I might as well also rewatch Anon (2018), which I continue to insist is a much undervalued film and deserving of wider acclaim

Goodnight all :

Comment

Morning all

Nope, not a good night's sleep.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Hello doggy.

Didn't sleep too badly by my crappy standards. Actually managed to get up at 7, don't think just lying in bed awake feeling knackered helps.
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Morning.

Saturday.

Good to hear that the gold diggers found some gold even if it was half a sovereign.

Damp.

Grey

Sunless.

Chilly in here at 12.5 deg, 12.5 deg in the kitchen, 12 deg in the leanto.

1035 mBar, 30.56353 in Hg, 776.3 Torr, 15.011 psi, (up from 1032.5 last night), 69% RH (GDR hair), 68% RH (Lidl electric).

Another truly weird dream, the details of which have faded happily away, but there was a boat of some sort.

Meanwhile in the halcyon days of the 22nd of April 2019 I watched "Ill met by moonlight" while NF went to the pub, avoided the folk singers in the front bar, and avoided the "homeless" outside the fried chicken joint on the way home.

Entertainment: Wheeler Dealers S10 E9 Chevy Corvette Stingray C2, preceded by the 68 Corvette of S13 E8 (which I didn't watch). Bought: $29k, Total: £25k2 , Sold: £45k5.

Walk (abbreviated due to ongoing works & mud) walked in the grey gloom.

Lunch: Morrisons roast pepper soup with rice (and chilli powder to spice it up a bit), a yog (non corner until the price comes down again), bramble jelly and marmalade on slices of toast, 0.91*1.51 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: last 10 mins of Money Box.

The News Quiz. Scotland won.

Freecell score in the grey gloom of the Saturday afternoon ennui: 85%, running average 85%.

Entertainment: Pink Floyd: A delicated sound of thunder on Sky Arts.

Film accompanying The Endless River on Sky Arts.

Tea: spag & notsofiery bol, some peach slices, a yog, 0.91*1.53 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: This Cultural Life: Rachel Whitehead: the house sculpture lady.

The Four Just Men: the Crying Jester: stone me, a lot of familiar faces in this one including an unrecognisable Honor Blackman, Frank Thornton, Lee Montague (still above ground), George Pravda, and Leonard Sachs.

Ancient Unexplained Files on Quest: the one about the circle of mammoth bones in Russia, the curious chimeric iron age burials in Dorset, the odd magnetic statues in Guatemala, the rich mummy and the poor mummy.

Ah. Now we're on to Stirling Castle being King Arthur's Camelot. Or something.
          Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 4 February 2023, 23:03.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all

It was a bit dull and cloudy earlier but it seems to have brightened up since. Currently 9 degrees and that's the high for the day. No rain forecast. Barometer up to 1035 mBar.

Gas works started about 7.30 am outside with the road being dug up. They then stopped for tea break around 9 am and have recently restarted.

Off to see Cirque du Soliel this afternoon.

Comment

Afternoon denizens

Yet again, it's a grey but mild day: 9°C going on 10°, no precipitation expected, the barometers are well up at 1025/1033mB, and whatever breeze there may be is leaving the conifers largely unshimmied

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                Meanwhile in the halcyon days of the 22nd of April 2019 I watched "Ill met by moonlight" while NF went to the pub, avoided the folk singers in the front bar, and avoided the "homeless" outside the fried chicken joint on the way home.
                That being the last time I went out on my birthday, given that everything was locked down the following year and I haven't really felt the need in subsequent years

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

That being the last time I went out on my birthday, given that everything was locked down the following year and I haven't really felt the need in subsequent years
                  2019 was the last time I "celebrated" mine.

The present of an anthurium lasted until the big freeze a few weeks ago.

It's dead now.

Meanwhile on the 23rd of April 2019 NF had a fish finger sarnie rather than a kebab or tin of soup. Apparently it was nice. .
                  When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Lunch: a corned beef cob with a bag of plain crisps

Comment

Afternoon.

Just went into the garden to look at some plants.

One potted osteospermum is dead on one side but alive on the side nearest the wall. The rest are dead with the longest lasting about 8 years.
                      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                      X