• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weather station moved, hotel sorted for Sunday night, now TFBSZ.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Tonight's major motion picture premiere was Resident Evil: Welcome to Raccoon City (2021) which was crap. The original Resident Evil films were surprisingly good, certainly much better than I expected them to be; but this was much worse than I expected, having nothing to recommend it at all. I think the mistake they made was in thinking that the underlying story was somehow important and worth exploring. But it's a computer game, and the underlying story is that there are zombies for {reasons} and you fight and kill them. Making the film be all about the bit in {reasons} is a rookie mistake, because nobody cares about that bit. The previous films recognised this and concentrated on the fighting and killing, with {reasons} dropped in as and when, just enough to keep things moving along. You can't make a film about {reasons}, yet for some reason they tried to do that, and it turned out exactly as pisspoor as anybody could have told them it would

So then I rewatched Terminator: Dark Fate (2019), because THAT is how you take a story and revamp it

And finally, The Taking of Pelham One Two Three (1974) just because

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all

Comment

Morning.

Dry.

Sunny.

CBS.

Cold in here at 10 deg, 8 deg in the kitchen, 2 deg in the leanto, 0 deg in the salting house. .

1030 mBar, 30.416 in Hg, 772.56 Torr, 14.93889 psi, (up from 1025 last night), 65% RH (GDR hair), 57% RH (Lidl electric).

Saturday.

Meanwhile on the 16th of April 2019 the search for certificates went on, my brother's birth certificate was located, while the birth & marriage certs of my parents were purchased for a mere £33.

Entertainment: Wheeler Dealers S7 E10 Subaru Impreza WRX whatever that is. Edd China one. Bought: £3250, Total: £5255, Sold: £5400. £145 for all that work. The garage that sold the thing to MB knew what they were doing.

Stone me, changing the clutch on that was a major job. Upgraded brakes with new wheels. new exhaust. Pointless go faster stripes just pissing money away. K&N airfilter. After fiddling about with the ECU it made 245 bhp apparently.

MOT expired 2012. .

Lunch: baked potato with cheese and baked beans, red pippy corner yog, bramble jelly and marmalade on slices of toast, 0.91*1.63 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Wheeler Dealers S12 E18 Honda S2000. MOT expired last October. Bought: £3k, Total: £4380, Sold: £7k back to the chap they bought it off.

New steering rack: £125 s/h instead of £2k new, lambda sensor, VTEC controller repair, diamond cut refurb on the wheels, new discs, refurb headlight lenses.

Walk (unabbreviated) walked in the sunshine. It was even more slippery today in one place, nearly fell on my arse half a dozen times and that fecking dog didn't help matters much.

Freecell score: 87%, running average 85%.

Tea: spag with (thankfully) the last portion of that insanely fiery bol, some fruit cocktail, a yog, a red unpippy corner yog, 0.91*1.55 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: PM. Followed by that uninspiring bollox with Nick Robinson.

The last 10 minutes of "Heaven Knows, Mir Allison".

That's 70s music: currently muted. Unmuted for "Knocking on heaven's door". Unmuted again for Ole Slow Hand.

Dr Pimplepopper.

The Bad Skin Clinic.

The Four Just Men: The Village of Shame, with that Jack Hawkins chap. It's an ancient 1959/60 ITC production by Lord Russian Emigre. Amusing enough & short at 25 minutes.

Whatever happened to the Likely Lads S2 E7. Stone me it's half a fecking century since they made this. It's the one where Bob is in the hospital with his broken leg and Terry makes it worse.

Ancient Unexplained Files on Quest: Australian Aboriginal ancient murder: was it the evil Brits or another tribe? No way of telling. The Antikythera Mechanism. Mummified bog body.
          Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 21 January 2023, 22:49.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all

Dry, sunny, frosty. Just high level wisps about. Currently 0 degrees with a high of 6 expected. No rain forecast. Barometer up to 1031 mBar.

Yesterday afternoon HWMBO arrived ahead of him going off to teach the unwary about TOGAF. Yesterday evening I left him at home while I went out with friends to Woolwich to engage in The Burnt City. An immersive theatre thing about Troy. It was good fun.

Comment

Loony lady 3 walk soon. Satan Day is usually ll1 day but she decided she preferred Fried Day, as the boring mud free places she always wants to go to are crowded at weekends.
              bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
              John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Afternoon denizens

Anther sunny but not particularly warm day, being 3°C. The barometers are well up at 1021/1029mB

The crows are wandering around on the lawn; I suspect it's the same two every day. One of them makes a habit of swooping low over any pigeons that are already there, talons extended, before landing a little way past them. This causes the subject pigeon to briefly take off in alarm but they always land again no more than a few feet away and go back to whatever it is they're doing. The crow makes no attempt to muscle in on the patch the pigeon is working either, always landing a little distance away to wander round. So I've come to the conclusion that the crow is just being a dick for its own amusement, and the pigeons are aware of this and, though flustered by it, don't regard it as a real threat

Comment

Lunch: Heinz chicken soup with seedy bloomer toast

Accompanied by some thing about poisonous lizards in the Australian desert

Comment

Trying to order Chinese but just getting the message "We're busy at the moment, please call again later"

I'm wondering whether to give it a while and try again, or maybe have something else. There's a peri-peri chicken shop nearby which has piqued my curiosity and has generally very good reviews…

Comment

Almost finished pruning the biggest of the apple trees, just need to trim a few whips that are up near the power lines.
                      Might do that tomorrow morning. Might delay it until next week.
                      Made 18 jars of orange & whiskey marmalade, and still have oranges left over, so that will be another batch next week.

Comment

Working...
                      X