• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eek View Post
    Have to ask is lm 100% as she’s missed a very obvious century

Very definitely not paying attention. Well spotted, sir

Comment

Went to the other house earlier to hang a framed OS map, then when the storm subsided we had a very pleasant walk on the beach, watching cliff falls and picking up fossils.
      Tinkered in the workshop to create a new camera mount for the arlo that will be pointed at one of the bird boxes, using an old umbrella base, a tubular post for an electric fence and the remains of a large Christmas decoration.
      That was followed by a family zoom and then a night of doing next to nothing.

Going to try some Kalms tonight.

TFBSZ
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

After Time Team, I watched an old episode of 24 Hours in A&E

Then I switched to iPlayer for Ukraine: The People’s Fight which was very interesting, following ordinary Ukrainians who've switched from being architects and teachers and so on to fighting Russia in various ways, from front line combat to intelligence gathering

And then I discovered there's a new episode of Ambulance available, so naturally I watched that

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning.

Monday.

Currently no precipitation though it made up for that overnight.

Blue sky in parts.

Wanly sunny.

Colder in here at 12.8 deg, 12 deg in the kitchen, 9 deg in the leanto.

999.5 mBar, 29.5152 in Hg, 749.6866 Torr, 14.4965 psi, (up from 989 last night, in turn up from 988 earlier), 73% RH (GDR hair), 69% RH (Lidl electric).

Telex machine glowing away nicely.

Meanwhile on the 10th of April 2019 NF was watching more of S1 of Bab5 which led me to the quote that "If you go to Za'ha'dum you will die", which is always something useful to remember. .

Shopping trips to Morrisons and Tesco done dusted washed dried sanitised & put away. No dozens of eggs available again.

Lunch: scrambled egg and poached tomato on Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed toasted crust, a red pippy corner yog, bramble jelly and marmalade on slices of toast, 0.91*1.61 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: TWAO. Whatever comes on after it, something about screaming animals.

Some minor potching in the garage in a fruitless search for something.

Freecell score: 92%, running average 85% (85.07%).

Tea: meatballs with rice n peas, the last of the peach slices, a yog, 0.91*1.59 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: PM.

Wheeler Dealers S16 E9 Fiat X1/9: Bought: $5k5, Total: $7182, Sold: $8k. Looked like a nice one. Only exists because there's no salt on the road in California. .

Fred Dibnah's Age of Steam E1: Newcomen steam engine: an "atomospheric engine". He nearly got a gallon of warm water down the back of his neck when they started it up. . Horrendously inefficient.

E2: Rocket, Brunel's broad gauge. God's Wonderful Railway.

Oak Island Nutjobbery: S9 E "Gold Diggers": Gary finds a "wooden dowel" from a sample from the can which looks like a chunk of broom handle to me, they find assorted chunks of iron: square spikes/nails in lot 15. They continue to use the magic GPR machine to track the "stone path". The 10 foot can goes all the way down to bedrock, they find assorted bits of metal from the can in the washery and they find bits of "Concrete" on the wash table. Since they've reached "bedrock" the scoop thing won't go any deeper so that's the end of that hole. All filled out with the usual bollox. Gary is particularly irritating it must be said. So I've fecking said it.

Some bollox about things found in ice: dead businessman's body found up a Mexican volcano, buried in the ice. Thought to have jumped/been pushed out of a plane.

This has a narrator even more irritating than the twat who narrates Oak Island, and there's a talking head who looks like Danny Fecking Baker FFS.

Am Dro Celebs: the ep I missed at Xmas: Merthyr to Vaynor church where Crawshay is buried (May God Forgive Me), north of Cardiff, the hill the Englishman went up & it was a mountain when he came back down, coastal path walk on Anglesey, walk (cancelled due to the extremely inclement weather, resumed after Wales was out of the recent football nonsense in the Gulf) across a golf course and around a headland on the Llyn.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p0dnkd0r
          Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 9 January 2023, 23:45.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all

Blue sky. Chunks of fluff. Wet ground. Currently 6 degrees ('feels like' 3) with a high of 8 expected. Rain forecast overnight. Barometer up to 1000 mBar.

I heard a whole heap of crashing last night before I went to bed at the back of my house. I wasn't sure if it was in the lane between me and my neighbour or the buildings at the back, or my garden so I ignored it. This morning I looked out the back and it must have been my garden. The previously covered up lawn mower has been knocked off the garden storage box it lives on and other things have been knocked over. I did hear what sounded like scrabbling on a fence so I guess it must have been cats (do foxes climb fences?). Some tidying up to be done at some point when I can be bothered.
            Last edited by ladymuck; 9 January 2023, 09:23.

Comment

Morning all
              Changeable weather out, currently overcast but blue skies to the south. Might delay gardening for a bit.
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

It turns out, foxes can indeed climb fences. I went out to pick up the lawn mower and other items and there was a fox in the far corner trying to escape. On the fourth attempt it got into next door's garden.

Comment

Morning denizens

Quite sunny out again, with the large bits of fluffiness moving across the sky in the opposite direction to yesterday, and a bit of undulation from the conifers suggesting a light breeze. Currently 6°C and maybe getting to 7° in a bit, and the barometers are up at ???/995mB - I'm unable to determine the unadjusted figure as my phone installed a software update overnight and appears to have discarded the debug build of my primitive barometer app in the process, so I'll have to fire up Xcode and rebuild it, then deploy it to the phone. But it's probably 987mB as it's usually about 8mB below the adjusted figure

Comment

Links are up

Comment

I ventured out with the recycling. Getting to the bin corral, I discovered that most of them weren't there! I believe the cleaning people come on Monday, so they presumably take them down to the foot of the back path today in case the bins are collected early tomorrow; they don't get put on the pavement itself, so they aren't in the way. Anyway, there was one recycling bin remaining in there, which had just enough space left for my stuff

It continues to be a pleasant but not very warm afternoon out there.

Comment

Working...
                      X