• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning denizens

Lovely golden sunrise going on outside at the moment, making the patchy cloud look very scenic

Currently 5°C with 8° expected later, barometers steady at 984/992mB, 40% chance of some rain in the next hour though no more after that, but it'll be a bit breezy

My Mum's been taken into hospital overnight with a suspected heart attack (troponin over 670 etc.). She'll be seeing a cardiologist soon, so at least the A&E people think she's stable for now or (I assume) they would have called one out last night. Just waiting to hear about any developments

Comment

Morning all

Dark and wet in not-so-sunny Scotland. Currently 5 degrees ('feels like' 0) with a high of 6 expected. Rain forecast for most of the day.

Uneventful trip to Glasgow from City Airport. I don't use that one very often but it was a nice journey on the Lizzy Line and then a short walk.

Working today.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

My Mum's been taken into hospital overnight with a suspected heart attack (troponin over 670 etc.). She'll be seeing a cardiologist soon, so at least the A&E people think she's stable for now or (I assume) they would have called one out last night. Just waiting to hear about any developments

Comment

^^^ NF & NF's mum

Morning.

Thursday according to dispatches.

Intermittently wet.

Intermittently sunny.

Dark.

Dank.

Dreary.

Blue sky in parts.

Chilly in here at 12.5 deg, 12 deg in the kitchen, 11 deg in the leanto.

998 mBar, 29.47 in Hg, 748.56 Torr, 14.47477 psi, (up from 990 last night), 73% RH (GDR hair), 72% (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile back on the 2nd of April 2019 NF was off to Roger's various appointments having partaken of a hot dog in addition to the croissants with strawberry jam, while I watched the Mike Leigh film about Turner and was generally unimpressed with the lack of guns & script.

Smalls in the WM.

Smalls out of the WM and 4 socks pegged on the line when it started raining so smalls in the TD.

Shirts in the WM.

Shirts out of the WM & in the washbasket until the smalls are out of the TD.

Cottons in the WM.

Smalls out of the TD and airing upstairs.

Shirts in the TD.

Lunch: baked potato with cheese & baked beans, a yellow corner yog, bramble jelly and marmalade on slices of toast, 0.91*1.65 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Shirts out of the TD.

Cottons out of the WM and into the TD.

Shirts roughly iRoned & airing upstairs.

TD doing the usual thing of going from 8 minutes to go to 1 hour 53 minutes to go leading to a restart which persuaded it that 34 minutes was more reasonable.

Freecell score in the long wait for the TD: 90%, running average 85%.

Cottons (and a random pair of underpants) out of the TD.

Pillow slips & tea towels iRoned & airing upstairs.

Walk (abbreviated due to lack of innerest) walked in the late wan sunshine & imminent grey gloom.

The washout on the leat is getting better, but not in a good way.

Tea: chilli con carne with rice: after 6 days festering in the freezer the chilli was enough to take one's head orff, a yog to cool down, some pear halves (ditto), 0.91*1.59 pints of good Glenettie tea.

Entertainment: PM.

The last 15 minutes of STOS S1 E20 "Court Martial" (or if you're a US politician "Court Marshal"): the one where Kirk is in the dock for sommat or other but all is resolved when the missing man is discovered not to be missing at all.

Some conspiracy theory bollox on Blaze that's even more bollocky bollox than the usual Blaze bollocky bollox.

After this I was so desperate that I read another chapter of one of the current books: "All our Todays".

Didn't know that Nick Robinson was in the car when Brian Redhead's son William was killed along with the front seat passenger.

Entertainment: Dr Pimplepopper S3 E7: woman with a lipoma on her forehead, crazy woman with stretched earlobes, one of which split when she stretched it to 3" diameter (the false eyelashes are quite remarkable), chap with a ?cyst? on the back of his head, lady with rhinophyma.

S3 E8: a chap with the matching bump on his forehead to the lady in E7: dermoid cyst: full of hair & suchlike, lady with a big lump on her shoulder plus itchy bumps on her arms & legs: lipoma and pyoderma nodularis, chap with a cyst on his belt line & his GF is in gaol, chap with ?cysts? on his scalp previously treated by a general surgeon: it's dissecting cellulitis: perifolliculitis capitis abscedens et suffodiens or Hoffman disease. Damn. That trips off the tongue. No cure but it can be slowed down.

Meanwhile on Quest that Ant chap ex of Wheeler Dealers Californian seasons is designing a car for someone called Drew, whoever he is. It's electric. Chunks of Tesla.
          Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 29 December 2022, 23:03.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Over to the old flat to bring more stuff here: some more books, assorted crockery I don't use much and other items of kitchenalia, and various bits of drawer clutter from some Ikea thingies whose drawers need to be emptied so I can move them. The kitchen stuff is now encountering the joys of a dishwasher for the first time

Oh, and my bathmat, which I kept on forgetting. That can have a wash before moving in to my nice new bathroom

Comment

Scotch broth for lunch

Meanwhile on the lawn, a couple of magpies were strutting around checking out the central area while a pair of pigeons lurked over near the bushes of the treeline along the road. Once the magpies had moved on, the pigeons took over their patch, at which point a male blackbird emerged from the bushes for a bit. No sign of the squirrel yet though.

Over at the old place, the Polish café was closed. I seem to remember them taking time off between Christmas and New Year in previous years. Fair enough; they're there from about nine in the morning to eight in the evening seven days a week, so they deserve a bit of a break

Comment

Oh dear. Loony lady 1 and loony lady 2 have fallen out big time re summit ll1 heard that ll2 had said about her. I ain't getting involved.
                bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                  Oh dear. Loony lady 1 and loony lady 2 have fallen out big time re summit ll1 heard that ll2 had said about her. I ain't getting involved.
                  High drama for New Year!

Comment

Tea has been oniony chicken casserole, courtesy of the Remoska. Very tasty

Accompanied by a thing about the various missions 617 Squadron, the Dambusters, flew in the couple of years between the dam raid and the end of the war.

Earlier, there was a multiplicity of cars, though I missed most of them. But I saw a Jaguar XJ, some 1980s hot hatch, and an Evo. And the gold diggers didn't seem to be doing too badly, all things considered. Nice to see a couple of them getting stuck in snow when they ventured into the mountains of Victoria, rather than complaining about the heat

Comment

Tonight's major motion picture premiere was Bullet Train (2022), an action comedy thriller about a bunch of hitpeople coming into conflict on one of the eponymous Japanese high speed intercity railway vehicles. As is often the case with such things, none of the three strands end up being done that well: bits of the action are exciting, some of the humour is amusing, and parts of the story are marginally thrilling. It's OK, but maybe they should have just tried to make one kind of film? Also, despite being set on a Japanese train, almost all the protagonists are either American or English (with the kind of accents Americans find comprehensible but funny). I don't know if this was the case for the Japanese nobel on which it's based, but I suspect not

And then some more episodes of The West Wing, though I'm thinking I might ditch that in favour of watching some new stuff, or at least some different stuff, now that I'm subscribed to three different streaming services full of stuff they want to show me - though a lot of it seems like tripe

Goodnight all

Comment

Working...
                      X