• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning all

Bright with some cloud. Damp from overnight rain. Currently 6 degrees with a high of 11 forecast. Rain expected this evening. Barometer up to 1013 mBar.

Off to the south coast to stay with Mum for a couple of days. Weather much the same down there

Comment

Round to next door neigbour's for nibbles shortly. Street party tonight. ll3 tomorow. ll1 day after. I will lose my reputation as an antisocial old sod if this goes on.
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
        Round to next door neigbour's for nibbles shortly. Street party tonight. ll3 tomorow. ll1 day after. I will lose my reputation as an antisocial old sod if this goes on.
        Don't worry, I'm taking up the slack for you. .

Bah! Fecking Humbug!

Meanwhile on the 30th of March 2019 we were all waiting for the clocks to go forward with the advent of BST at 02:00.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Afternoon denizens

Another grey day, but without precipitation this time. Stats: 9°C, barometers resurgent at 996/1004mB, but the app that provides the latter figure (which is correctly adjusted for altitude, unlike my makeshift one) has acquired a downward-pointing arrow which presumably means it's going down again

I wonder if Sainsbury's Local will be selling Sellotape and gift tags? If not, I'll have to go over to the other flat for them

Comment

Sainsbury's Local proved to be a broken reed, offering naught but brown parcel tape which I bought just in case, though at least there was a special offer on peanut M&Ms (or Treets as we used to call them). So I headed over to the flat where I retrieved an unopened pack of Christmas gift tags that I think date to ten or fifteen years ago, along with a roll of more normal tape.

Unfortunately, the return journey coincided with chucking out time at the rugby union football club, so took four or five times longer than it had any right to

Still, all sorted now

Comment

The cooker has been christened: tea has been a roast Big Chicken dinner. Came out very nice indeed

And the washing machine has also been pressed into service. It does the drying too

Comment

For some reason there was no car programme and no gold diggers, just multiple episodes of the rather annoying antiques chap

So various police things that have been repeated innumerable times already were largely ignored as they chuntered on in the background while I was cooking and catching up on #DuvetKnowItsChristmas

And then I watched S1E1 of Cheers as I recently subscribed to Paramount+ and thus have all of it available

But now I'm getting an early night so I have time to get everything sorted out for my trip south tomorrow.

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all
                  Happy Christmas
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Happy Christmas all

Overcast but reasonably bright. Damp but no active precipitation. Showers forecast off and on all day. Currently 10 degrees and that's the high for the day.

Yesterday we went to a church Nativity where two of my friend's kids were playing the roles of Joseph and one of the Wise Men. The 5pm service is always chaos and there was most definitely a surfeit of angels and shepherds. Afterwards, Mum and I were hoping the chip shop would serve us dinner but sadly they closed early and we had to find something from the freezer.

Today we're going to my brother's for dinner and my SiL is cooking for the first time in 20+ years. My Dad would be turning in his grave (if he had one) to discover it took him dying for her to cook for us at Christmas (she does it for her own family, just not ours). Fortunately they're only a 15 min walk up the road so escape is possible if Mum finds it a bit too much.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                      For some reason there was no car programme and no gold diggers, just multiple episodes of the rather annoying antiques chap
                      Coz it was Saturday?

Or were you expecting an ep of S17 of Wheeler Dealers, Specifically in TPD the one that wasn't broadcast on Thursday at 21:00?
                      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 25 December 2022, 09:55.
                      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Working...
                      X