• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning all

Came home to no heating or hot water. It was warmer outside the house than inside.
    Eventually got one or the other working, so I left the heating on all night.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning all

Dull, damp and windy today. Currently 12 degrees ('feels like' 10) with a high of 13 forecast. Rain expected off and on all day. Barometer down to 1009 mBar.

Comment

Morning denizens

Gloomy grey start, but now at 13°C. The rain will apparently not return today after a 70% chance of showers from 10-11am has passed, but there's a bit of a breeze leading to a "feels like" of a mere 12°. The barometers are properly down this time, at 994/1002mB

Busy day ahead, shuttling back and forth, unboxing and assembling there, boxing and disassembling here. I've realised that the eight-foot stepladder I bought back in 2004 when the bathroom lightbulb needed changing won't fit in my car, so it'll have to go in the van tomorrow. This means I have to think of anything I need to do in the higher reaches of the rooms here and get it done today

Comment

Morning.

Monday.

Telex machine glowing oh so very brightly.

Dark.

Dank.

Dreary.

Grey.

Sunless.

Warmer in here at 11.1 deg, 10.5 deg in the kitchen, 11 deg in the leanto, 13 deg in the saltinghouse. It's warmer outside than it is in here.

999 mBar, 29.5 in Hg, 749.3116 Torr, 14.4893 psi, (down from 1000 last night), 64% RH (GDR hair), 60% (Lidl electric).

Smalls in the WM.

Smalls out of the WM and into the TD.

Half the shirts in the WM.

Meanwhile on the 24th of March 2019 I was looking forward to not mowing the Idle **** Next Door's lawns and we know how long that lasted, a discussion of the merits of roast chestnuts occurred, and some assorted films were watched here & there.

First load of shirts pegged out on the line in the semigale.

The shirts managed to dry a little in the wind.

2nd load of shirts in the WM.

Smalls out of the TD and airing upstairs. Stone me there's a lot of them this time. . The filter on the TD was full of fluff off the new smalls.

Shirts in off the line as the deluge and murrain of beasts has returned.

Shirts in the TD.

Discovered what happens if you open the windows when the house is colder inside than the 95% humidity outside & it's not good.

Rapid wipedown of all the surfaces in the bathroom which were as wet as if I'd not bothered to wipe them after this morning's very bracing cold shower.

Lunch: scrambled egg and poached tomato on Morrisons wholemeal sunflower and spelt toasted crust, blackcurrant jam and marmalade on slices of toast, red corner yog, 0.91*1.63 pints of good Glengettie tea.

I'll go shopping to Morrisons this afternoon having consumed much of the loaf I purchased on Friday. .

In other other news, it's now 16.5 deg in the salting house, which is 3 deg warmer than it is in here at the moment. .

Water water everywhere and all the drips did drip. The freezer & the fridge are covered in condensation.

Shirts out of the TD (2nd load).

Cottons out of the WM & into the TD.

16 shirts roughly iRoned. Tea towels iRoned. Pillow cases iRoned.

All airing upstairs in various places.

Shopping trip to Shaws the Drapers: dark: closed: never to open again from the looks of it. And I wanted some flanellette pillowcases and sheets. Ho hum.

Morrisons shop done dusted washed dried & put away, what there was of it, they being out of stock of mince for the next batch of bol & chilli.

"Brushed cotton" fitted sheet bought from Wilko along with an assortment of electrical goods: out of stock of bird seed & fatballs.

I didn't refill the bird feeders today since there's plenty of seed on the ground underneath if push comes to shove, eat some of that.

Cottons out of the TD & airing upstairs.

The TD water container was almost full to the brim this time, compared with the egg cupful, and mugful of the prior drying cycles a fortnight or so ago.

Supplies of the socks I like from M&S: none in stock that I could see.

A remarkably grey though rather warm afternoon with intermittent drizzle.

During the iRoning the temperature in the saltinghouse reached the giddy heights of 18 deg which is a mere 17 deg warmer than yesterday.

Met Howard the ex engine driver on the way down to town. Turns out his son popped his clogs this morning at the grand old age of 50. The ambulance took 3 hours to turn up.

Tea: chicken in white sauce with rice n peas, the last of the peach slices, a yog, 0.91*1.61 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: PM.

Wheeler Dealers S15 E27: clip show with Ant servicing MB's Porsche.

Oak Island nutjobbery S9 E15 Not on this week nor next week.
          Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 19 December 2022, 18:28.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Raining again.

Not in the working mood this morning so output will be limited.

My grandmother died yesterday so I'm waiting on a call from my brother after he tells my Mum the news this morning. Not sure how she's going to handle losing her husband and mum in the space of two months.

Comment

My condolences.
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Sorry to hear that.
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

+3 regarding LM's grandmother

In other news rather tired as the flight that should have got me home at 10pm last night got me home at 4:45am via Edinburgh airport and a 3 hour taxi ride.

Edit - upside is that the 700 euro compensation voucher will pay for somewhere else so the weekend in Vienna was almost free (points for hotel, plane tickets virtually refunded).

Need to decide where to go probably in early October (it's Guadeloupe in the Spring).
                  merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Thanks for the condolences. Just phoned Mum and she seemed ok.

Comment

And because the world keeps turning, I'll snaffle this here 'chury.

Comment

Working...
                      X