• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apart from repeats of stuff like Road Wars earlier, I didn't bother with any telly tonight

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning.

Sunday.

Wet.

Windy.

Grey.

Gloomy.

Sunless.

NotSoCold at 9.8 deg in here, 8 deg in the kitchen, 6 deg in the leanto.

1009 mBar, 29.796 in Hg, 756.8 Torr, 14.634 psi, (down from 1016 last night), 64% RH (GDR hair), 58% RH (Lidl Electric).

Meanwhile on the evening of the 23rd of March 2019 I watched "Geronimo" and "City Hall", whereas mudskipper managed to post something from Gny Sgt Hartman in TPD by dint of some finger trouble, whilst early on the 24th original PM was up & about with a software release.

Lunch: baked potato with baked beans & cheese, red pippy corner yog, blackcurrant and marmalade on slices of toast, 0.91*1.59 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: "The Shootist (1976)" with that Duke Wayne chap, that Jimmy Stewart chap, and that chap who played The Fonze's friend Richie. Seemed to be cut here & there in the final shootout.

UFO Hunters on Blaze: some nonsense about the Heartland Explosion over Indiana in 2008. Beam me up Mr Scott.

First 20 minutes of Lawrence of Arabia. Not prepared to watch that with adverts since it starts at 16:45 and finishes at 21:00. And the dvd is about 3 feet to the left of me at the moment & up about 7 feet.

Thing about the Tory bastards on R4.

Tea: a curiouos assortment of ham sandwiches, Heinz lentil soup (which tastes rather more inneresting than my version) with Morrisons wholemeal sunflower & spelt bread, some peach slices, a yog (which proved to have ice in it), and 0.91*1.62 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: WW2 Treasure Hunters with that Suggs chap, this one being about the Pathfinder squadrons flying out of Cambridgeshire. A chap is explaining how Oboe worked.

In other other news it's now warmer outside than it is in here but a good deal wetter.

Went to bid on something on ebay & discovered I couldn't login any more.

Which is odd since I reset the password earlier in the year with no particular problem.

The red mist descended of course so they'll get one of my foul mouthed emails.

Set up another account but it does seem to have changed just a tad.

Entertainment: Am Dro: The Celebs: a repeat from 2020 with that Nellie North, the rather, er, colour coordinated weather person from S4C, and I have no idea who the other two are.

Quite sad in its way, the last walk was the weather person's trek across the Brecon Beacons to the crash site of a WWII bomber where he father had erected a cairn/monument to the bomber crew.

Unfortunately the weather was busy demonstrating exactly why the SAS train up there & only he & the film crew made it to the cairn, while the other 3 returned to the cars to dry out & warm up.

Feck me it's a bleak place. A remarkably daft day to attempt a walk across that landscape.
        Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 19 December 2022, 10:09.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Maybe in a 1000 years time the wise comments on TPD will be rediscovered, reinterpreted, and become the foundation of a new religion. Not as if that hasn't happened with lots of other bollux from the past.
          bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
          John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Morning denizens

Another cold start here with the weather app insisting it's snowing, though it isn't, or not noticeably so. This non-snow is expected to turn to non-rain in the course of the day. Currently 0°C, expected to reach 2° by sunset - and then it just keeps going, rising steadily through the evening and night with 12° predicted by sunrise

The barometers are still dithering, being back down a little at 1008/1017mB

Comment

Morning all

Dull and overcast. Light frost lingering in parts. Currently 1 degree ('feels like' -1) with a high of 9 expected. 100% chance of precipitation today with 90% chance in any given hour. Barometer down to 1019 mBar.

Duvet cover in the WM. Coffee machine given as good a clean as can be achieved when most of the innards are inaccessible. Waiting for Ocado (not due until 1230).

Comment

Popped over to the new place with assorted bits, and got the various parts of the bed out of the four boxes it came in. I haven't assembled it yet though as quite honestly, unboxing it all was a lot of effort in its own right

So then I took the boxes to the tip, and continued on to Sainsbury's. I had a voucher for 10% off if I spent over £120, and there'a also a price reduction on a wine I like, and an additional 6-or-more-for-75% offer that covers the same wine. So all in all, I ended up with nearly forty quid off everything

Though once again, I forgot to redeem any Nectar points. Ah well, I'll use them next time; I've got over £150-worth of them

Most of this shopping is still in the boot as it's destined for the new place. But I stopped off at home for lunch: a couple of sweet chilli chicken thighs from the lukewarm food counter, reduced to clear

I'll fill a few more bags and head back over to the new place soon, and maybe see if I can get that bed assembled. Then back, where I'm cooking a shoulder of lamb as my final roast dinner here

Comment

Was gonna go for a wander with loony lady 1 but she backed out as too slippy for her. Near end of me solo walk, loony lady 2 phoned so had coffee at local cafe. Enough loony ladies, nice to be back home with me puppet parrot.
                  bloggoth

John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Bed linen was washed and draped about. Ocado turned up about 5 minutes after the end of the hour slot.

Faffed with a blog I'm going to write about my attempt to earn 5000 BA tier points next year to get myself GGL status. As hobbies go, it's expensive and kills the planet.

Now having a glass of mulled wine while pondering what to put on the goggle box. I have just started watching Succession so I might put a couple of episodes of that on.

Comment

Not into football but but the World Cup must present a quandary to those that are. Which country do you hate most? France or Argentina. Pity there is no way they can both lose. Or is there? Must be some way to falsify evidence of cheating.

PS Ah, Piers Morgan is already having a go:
                      https://www.express.co.uk/sport/foot...na-final-qatar
                      Last edited by xoggoth; 18 December 2022, 17:37.
                      bloggoth

Comment

Working...
                      X