• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tea: Scotch broth with a couple of bits of wholemeal. Very tasty

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post

They also need to be bigger than you measure to allow for pleats (bought 1 pair, mrs sent them back, got the next length they were equally wrong but installed before I was told to return them a second time).
      Yes, I'm sticking with suppliers that specifically ask for the length of the track and calculate the correct size from that, to avoid any unpleasant surprises

Comment

TV today has mostly been a ragbag of nondescript nonsense: New Zealand traffic cops, Australians looking for things, and some stuff about aircraft carriers. And then there was an Inside the Factory about frozen pizzas.

And finally a couple more old episodes of 24 Hours in A&E

Been raining off and on, despite no rain having been forecast until just before it happened

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all
          The skies are mostly clear here, but no sign of the sun.
          Today’s task list includes: go to the pharmacy to get dad’s new prescription. Fix a blind in the kitchen. Move some stuff into the garage (should really be going in the bin, but he goes through phases of not throwing things out, just in case)
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Dark and gray, must go for me wonky early today as usual boiler service blokes coming later. Funny, you never get women plumbers, bulders etc.
            bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
            John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Morning.

Dry.

Grey.

Gloomy.

Sunless.

Cold in here at 10.8 deg, 11 deg in the kitchen, 10 deg in the leanto.

1021 mBar, 30.15 in Hg, 765.183 Torr, 14.808 psi, (up from 1018 last night), 72% RH (GDR hair), 64% RH (Lidl).

Telex machine glowing gently.

Monday.

Meanwhile on March the 14th 2019 I'd completed my 2nd trip to fecking Carmarthen for the health check on my hearing, whilst NF was baking a coffee & walnut cake in the dear dead days beyond recall when one might do such a thing without taking out a bank loan for the electricity.

Shopping trip to Morrisons done dusted washed dried sanitised & put away. Today there was Bramble Jelly so I bought 3 pots.

Shopping trip to Tesco done dusted washed dried sanitised & put away. Forgot the tea again. Caught the number 38 bus back across the river which save about 3/4 of a mile of trudge.

Lunch: scrambled egg and poached tomato on Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed toasted crust, red corner yog, bramble jelly blackcurrant jam and marmalade on slices of toast, 0.91*1.64 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Y&Y waffling on about something or other, TWAO waffling on about something different, then the wireless went <click> at 13:45 since I really didn't want to know about gangs and murder in Hounslow.

Very reminiscent of Hill Street Blues back in the 1980s. Who'd have thunk it could be as bad here?

Some minor potching in the design of the antibang thingie for powering tulip up via a variac.

Tea: chicken in white sauce with rice n peas, some peach slices, a yog, 0.91*1.57 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: PM waffling on, this time with Gordon Brown. :.

Wheeler Dealers S15 E16 1965 Plymouth Barracuda. For some reason this got canned, then turned into Part One of the Drag Race thing, Part Two being E17: rip out engine & gearbox, replace with a modern hemi, repair bodywork, then rip out bits to reduce weight, install roll cage to increase weight, challenge a dragracer to a drag race. What could possibly go wrong?

Abandoned Engineering Repeat.

In suspicious circumstances with that Edward Woodward, looking rather plumper than in his days as Mr Callan.

Ghosts US S1 E12.

The Oak Island nutjobbery: S9 E13 "Go Big or Go Home": the arrival of the 10 foot cans. Aside from which: more wood in some borehole ?intersecting a flood tunnel?, what appears to be a British penny, a chunk of wood from the swamp dated 1770 years BP.

The Repair Shoppe: which I've "watched" previously apparently.

The car auction thing: Rover SD1 V8, Jag Mk2 2.4 in green, Triumph Vitesse, Austin 7 turned into a pickup. There was a nice Rover P4 in the background, and a 1950s Vauxhall Cresta/Wyvern.

Cracker S1 E1. They all look Very Young.
              Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 5 December 2022, 23:09.
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning denizens

Grey day out, but not quite as cold as I'd expected at 6°C, possibly soaring to 7° around lunchtime - albeit with some accompanying rain. The barometers are dithering, being back up a little at 1016/1024mB

Comment

Links are up

Comment

Afternoon all

This morning was sunny but now its clouded over a fair bit. Currently 7 degrees with a high of 8 expected. Low chance of rain. Barometer up to 1021 mBar.

Decided to take today off work, and had a leisurely lie in. Finally did my unpacking. Usually it's done within an hour of getting home from a trip.

Comment

Grumble. Something's nibbled a hole in my wooden greenhouse and knocked stuff over. Must be a rat.
                      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
                      X