• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Now having a rest to let my back recover, with a cup of coffee and maybe some biscuits
    I realised that the coffee would be easier to make with a working kettle, the new one having arrived at the Amazon Locker around lunchtime. So I popped up to get it. It seems very good in that it boils water quite quickly, which is all you really want from a kettle

Comment

Replaced one of the downstairs lights at the beach house and took a load of books to recycling on the way to a walk on the beach with The DogTW
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Tea has been reheated roast beef with chips, peas, gravy, and a couple of Yorkshire puds. Very nice, and empties the freezer a little bit more

Comment

My father (87), for reasons known only to him, decided to have another TIA today, and has been on a trolley in A&E for 7 hours now, waiting for a bed and a CT scan.

Nothing I can do from here, and he’s going to be in for a few days. I’m flying in to visit him on Sunday for a couple of days.

Anyway, TFBSZ

Comment

The car earlier was a Mercedes Benz 300TD estate. Bit boxy, but you could transport a lot of books in it

And some of the gold diggers came close to getting eaten by feral dogs, which makes a change

Then yet more old Police interceptors

And finally, a couple of episodes of Air Crash Investigation - TWA Flight 800 which was not hit by a missile, whatever the conspiracy theorists might think; and Garuda Indonesia Flight 152 which achieved a controlled flight into terrain largely, it seems, because both the pilot and the air traffic controller kept mixing up left and right which ended up guiding it into a mountain

Quite foggy out there tonight

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all
              Dad still in A&E but at least they have him on a bed in a ward.
              Foggy here, I can barely see the main shed at the bottom of the garden.

Comment

^^^ <- Manly.

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                The car earlier was a Mercedes Benz 300TD estate. Bit boxy, but you could transport a lot of books in it
                My butty had one for exactly that reason, wot with him being a 2nd hand book seller.

Morning.

Dry.

Sunny.

Blue sky.

Frosty.

Cold in here at 11.6 deg, 11 deg in the kitchen, 8 deg in the leanto, 3 deg in the salting house.

1024 mBar, 30.238 in Hg, 768.06 Torr, 14.8518 psi, (down from 1025 last night), 73% RH (GDR hair), 64% RH (Lidl).

Friday.

Smalls in the WM.

Smalls out of the WM and pegged out on the line.

Cottons in the WM.

Meanwhile on the 13th of March 2019 nothing much was going on other than me finding pictures of curious satellite antennas and NF making turkey soup.

Cottons out of the WM (short cycle) and pegged out on the line.

Shirts in the WM.

The boiler decided to go on strike due to low pressure in the system. After some emptying of the airing cupboard and much twiddling of valves underneath said boiler, repressure was achieved & I had hot water to do the breakfast dishes.

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post

Just need to find some other weird old person with similar and you can have a nice chat. I used to do hobby electronics a long time ago, gave it all away.
                Back before the plague I used to drive over to Ponty to see my mate, but that's all over now since he's shielding due to the Big C. Ho hum.

Shirts out of the WM and pegged out on the line.

Walk (unabbreviated) walked in the grey gloom.

Lunch: scrambled egg and poached tomato on Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed toast, bramble jelly & marmalade on slices of toast, yellow corner yog, 0.91*1.61 pints of good Glengettie tea.

There's not much drying going on as regards the washing.

The shirts will meet the TD at 15:00.

Some minor potching involving the next project which is a voltmeter/ammeter/ballast lamp combo so I can run stuff up without the risk of blowing fuses.

Found a 300V moving iron voltmeter (works: very nice, wonder where I stole that from) and a 10A AC ammeter of indeterminate method.

There's a shedload of dead security lamps in the garage which will repurpose as the ballast lamp.

Shirts in the TD.

Smalls in off the line awaiting their turn in the TD.

Towels now coming in off the line to await their turn in turn in the TD.

Tea: battered cod, some fruit cocktail, a yog, 0.91* 1.59 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: PM.

Wheeler Dealers S15 E14 1974 Jensen Healey. Bought for $3k5, Total: $9k2, Sold: $9k5. Much changing of bushes in the front suspension & engine mounts. Refurbished exhaust, dunno why the orignal 2 into 1 was supposed to be so crap that another one had to be fabricated other than showing off how to fabricate a 2 into 1 for an exhaust . Replaced bushes in the gearchange linkage. New diaphragm for the Zenith Stromberg carbs: $85 for two. Stone me they've gone up a bit since last I bought one (in 1993 IIRC). They were going to change them for Webers but that got canned for some reason.

Shirts and cottons duly iRoned, with the shirts and smalls now airing upstairs.

The washing must have partially dried on the line since about two cups of water came out of the TD.

Old "Slow hand" on Sky Arts. The blues have got a hold on me.

Code Breakers on Blaze.
                Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 2 December 2022, 20:32.
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all

Dull and overcast again. Currently 4 degrees and that's the high for the day. Low chance of rain.

Yesterday HWMBO and I started our evening with champagne and caviar before going out for dinner and onto a cocktail bar. Both very excellent. Flopped into bed and was suffering a bit first thing but we got up for a spot of breakfast then went back to bed for a nap. Now planning what to do with our day off before our posh dinner this evening.

Comment

Morning denizens

Not-actually-foggy out, unlike last night, but officially described as "foggy". Currently 4°C and maybe soaring to 7° later. The barometers are trivially down, but really hovering around the same kind of level as yesterday at 1019/1027mB

I remembered the nectarines in the fridge before they went off, so had one of those with my coffee. Very nice, and presumably good for me too

Comment

Loony lady 3 walk this afternoon. Better than all the boring DIY anyway.
                      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
                      X