• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not going to the Chinese or the chippy tonight as I've got some chicken legs that need using

Comment

Tea, then, has been roast chicken leg and chips with lashings of ketchup

Comment

Half the Christmas cards are written (involved a lot of sherry, which is only drunk when writing cards)

Early one, but TFBSZ.
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

I didn't bother with any telly tonight, apart from some dashcam thing that was on for the umpteenth time while I was eating.

Early night now

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all

Foggy out.
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning.

Was dry when I filled the bird feeders, then it rained.

Grey.

Sunless.

Warmer at 14.3 deg in there, 13 deg in the kitchen, 12 deg in the leanto.

1010 mBar, 29.8252 in Hg, 757.56 Torr, 14.6488 psi, (up from 1009 last night), 76% RH.

Sunday.

Meanwhile in the preplague 8th of March 2019 some oik wanted to glue sheets of polycarb together but I couldn't find a respirator that allowed this when using The Nasty Stuff required, and a reference to dear old Rudyard Kipling, Afghanistan, and intermediate calibre rifles was included. Gunga Din got a mention too.

Walk (unabbreviated) walked in the grey gloom.

A wander around the estate has revealed that the sealing up of the garage windows with gunk has not been totally successful leakwise. Ho hum. Cannot figure out how the water is getting in, but there was a drop of water on the roof above the puddle.

Lunch: baked potato with cheese and baked beans, red corner yog, bramble jelly and marmalade on slices of toast, 0.91*1.79 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: the food prog. TWTW.

Next door's cat has a rodent. I trust it will be despatched.

Shopping trip to Wilko for some bird seed. Stuff doesn't work. I've never grown any birds from it.

The rodent was duly despatched: probably a field vole if the interweb is to be believed.

There was an enormous dead rat on the pavement on the way to town last week.

Something had chewed its throat out.

Freecell score: 100% (of 13), running average 85%.

Tea: cumberland sausage and bacon with onion gravy, very toothsome, some peach slices, a yog, 0.91*1.82 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Some bollox or other on R4 until POTW came on with some irritating oik presenting and the first thing he presented was ISIHAC which led, inevitably to <click>

NZ Motorway Patrol. S4 E1 & E2: E2 has a helicopter crash on the central crashbarrier of the southern motorway.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/choppe...FFYJL3KJLM3LQ/

Can't find the accident report though, or what happened to the pilot & passenger.

Ghosts US S1 E6. Quite funny.

No river nutters this week, so Simon Schama may be viewed instead. Somewhat somnolence inducing.

The Repaire Shoppe: Bus conductor's ticket machine, BBE 1978, kick boxing trophy, animated piano player music box thing.

Half an hour or so of "Quatermass & the Pit (1967)".
              Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 27 November 2022, 23:33.
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning denizens

Grey day out, with everywhere still damp from the overnight rain. Currently 11°C and not getting any higher than that, and the barometers have settled back a bit at 1004/1012mB

A good night's sleep was had without any pesky alarms to wake me earlier than needed, so I'm feeling quite refreshed this morning

Comment

Morning all

Copenhagen is overcast, dull and grey, a bit damp but no active precipitation. Currently 8 degrees and that's the high for the day.

Off to find a spot of brunch and have a mooch about. Need to suss out where a co-working place is and decide if I want to work from it tomorrow (it's not open today for me to do a full recce).

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    Now there's an inordinately long advertisement for a mattress topper, claiming it has remarkable properties. I'm not an expert in such matters, but I'm willing to give it the benefit of the doubt. Not going to buy one though.
                    I think those overlong adverts are "infomercials".

I remember being in Amsterdam years ago with the TV on the background while getting ready to go out and thinking that I was watching a very bizarre TV programme because an advert went on for what felt like 10 minutes! (And no, I wasn't watching QVC or similar shopping channel)

Comment

Bit of wholemeal toast

Comment

Working...
                      X