• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good morning all

Sunshine, hazy cloud. Currently 8 degrees with a high of 11 expected. No rain forecast. Barometer up to 1013 mBar.

TFIF

Comment

Morning all
      Clear skies overnight meant an amazing bit of stargazing.
      A chilly, autumnal morning now. TFIF.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Clear skies overnight meant an amazing bit of stargazing
        That Orion keeps hanging around outside my office window. Rather leaned over, he's obviously been drinking.
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Morning denizens

Sunny start out after some overnight showers. Still not as warm as we know it's capable of at 7°C, with an expected maximum of 10°. The barometers continue with their upward trend at 1004/1012mB

It was 40° a few months ago! That's four times as much

I want to go to Sainsbury's, but a rational analysis shows I don't need to - there's nothing I lack or will lack between now and Monday, particularly if I use up some of the stuff that's spent too long in the freezer. But I could do with filling the car up, as there'll be a fair bit of back-and-forthing to the new place if all goes well on Monday. It's expected to remain fine all day, so I'll put off making a decision until after lunch

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post

That Orion keeps hanging around outside my office window. Rather leaned over, he's obviously been drinking.
            He rises over the terrace when seen from out the back here, directly in front of my Orion

Comment

Lunch: Heinz tomato soup with seedy bloomer toast

Comment

Solicitor has been solicited.

Quite a pleasant day out. Almost time to go walk the dog

Comment

Waitrose battered haddock fish fingers in a wrap for lunch.

Comment

Sainsbury's has been gone to

No masks in evidence other than mine

And I filled the car up on the assumption that I'll be doing a lot of back-and-forthing as of Monday, around lunchtime - and also because it was almost empty

Still very pricey, those decayed zooplankton

For some reason the pay-at-pump thing wasn't working for the pump I was at (number 1, naturally) so I had to go in the shop to pay. It's been a good long while since I've been in there - possibly even pre-pandemic

Comment

Afternoon project meeting complete, the tide was out so it was a very pleasant walk.

Comment

Working...
                      X