• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eek View Post

Please provide justification for you not working in November 2022. Sorry but internal supplier realignment isn't a valid reason.

Also as you were off for 3 weeks we need a personal reference to confirm you weren't in jail during that time.
    Ah, but I never worked there before

The previous contract was (via an agency) with a consultancy, and the work at the government department was on secondment. So there's never been any previous contractual relationship between the department and MyCo

Unfortunately, this will have to go through one of their bench contract suppliers, cutting out the previous agency; and they had a relevant clause about working with outfits I'd met through that contract. But there was a possibility of something coming up before I finished, so I told my agent about it, and he got me written permission from his superiors negating that clause for this specific client. As for the consultancy: the department itself has determined that any restrictive clause at their end only applies to working with the same team, and this is a greenfield project with a completely new team.

As for the jail time, I've no doubt the shadowy figures whose job it is to confirm my SC is still valid will be looking into that

Comment

Tipping down here now

I had thought of going shopping, but it can wait until tomorrow

Comment

It got absolutely torrential for a while, but it's gone back to normal rain now, so I popped down to the bins with the black bag. Turns out whoever's putting the general waste bin out is, I think, only doing so for the one they use, as two of the others (out of four) are now full to bursting

I shall wait and see how this situation develops

And the recycling bin has hardly anything in and no contribution from me this week, so I won't bother trundling that

Comment

The wind has gotten up and there's been a few showers off and on.

It's dark now so I am unable to see the weather any more.

Currently checking if a report written from a new database matches a report written from the old one. Spoiler alert: it doesn't

Comment

Tea: peppery sausage and onion casserole with chips and peas

The rain ended a while ago, and now it's getting fairly chilly out there compared to the fairly luxurious November we've been having

Comment

Thought I'd try out a different TV show and ended up watching an episode of Hoarder Homes: No Room to Move on My5. A bit depressing so I won't watch that again.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                Thought I'd try out a different TV show and ended up watching an episode of Hoarder Homes: No Room to Move on My5. A bit depressing so I won't watch that again.
                Ah, the shade of Mr Trebus (and John Peel) is with us yet.

Meanwhile back on 7th March 2019 NF was still plagued with power cuts.
                Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 24 November 2022, 23:06.
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Off to the solicitors in the morning, so TFBSZ.
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                    Meanwhile back on 7th March 2019 NF was still plagued with power cuts.
                    Yes, we had a bit of a spate of them until they sorted out the substation

The car earlier was a Lotus Elan, and very nice too. And the gold diggers had their usual ups and downs. I don't now why any of them are even surprised any more when their machinery breaks down, because it seems to happen all the time

And then a couple of episodes of The Repair Shop

I've neglected this of late and they've been turning them out like there's no tomorrow while my back was turned: series 9, which I thought was done and dusted as we were on to series 10, is now up to episode 40; and I currently have 24 unwatched episodes across the two series

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning.

Blue sky.

Sunny.

No current precipitation.

Cold in here at 13.5 deg, 12.5 deg in the kitchen, 11 deg in the leanto, 8 deg in the saltinghouse.

1010.5 mBar, 29.84 in Hg, 757.937 Torr, 14.656 psi, (up from 999 yesterday), 77% RH.

Friday.

Meanwhile on the 7th of March 2019 the Strangelove garage was full of crap moved from next door, including over 60 years of railway magazines (which went to meet the recycling eventually).

Smalls in the WM.

Smalls out of the WM & pegged out on the line. Not that much drying will happen but it's the thought that counts.

Cottons in the WM.

Cottons out of the WM & pegged out on the line.

Shirts in the WM.

Walk (unabbreviated) walked.

Shirts out of the WM & pegged out on the line.

Lunch: scrambled egg and poached tomato on Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed toast, bramble jelly and marmalade on slices of toast, red pippy corner yog, 0.91*1.67 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: thing on R4 about Hendrix.

TWAO.

Shirts in off the line as it started picking with rain, now in the TD.

Then it fecking poured just to fecking piss me right fecking off, so everything is now wetter than it was when I put it out, mother****er.

Shirts out of the TD and roughly iRoned, whilst yet more fecking rain rained on the stuff that was still out there.

Smalls in off the line wetter than they fecking were going out: now in TD.

Smalls out of TD & airing upstairs.

Cottons in off the line & in the TD.

Cottons out of the TD & airing upstairs.

That funny red light on the TD came on so I cleaned the filter. The vac didn't have much suck coz I put it back together wrong when I changed the bag.

Lot more water out of the TD this week.

Bit more cleaning of the springs in the living room.

Tea: battered ?cod?, the last of the mango slices, a yog, 0.91*1.729 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Feedback (without the other chap but with a new chapess). PM.

Wheeler Dealers S15 E10 2000 Porsche 996, the one with the wanky IMS bearing, shot rear wheel bearings, and an wanky aftermarket go slower airfilter, not to be confused the the S17 one with bore score which cost an arm & a leg to fix. Bought: $16k, Total: $20k256, Sold: $22k5, the buyer didn't even bother to make an offer he just paid the asking price.

Spycraft on Blaze: The Code Breakers.
                      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 25 November 2022, 19:06.
                      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Working...
                      X