• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lunch has been a big roast beef bap

Still dry here. I've got to pop up to the pharmacy in a bit for the monthly prescription, so it'll probably start raining again then

Comment

Bins have been brought back in. Both have been emptied, which makes a change.

Bed linen is dry so has been folded up and put away.

General clothes, smalls, etc are now in the WM.

Comment

Rejecting meeting requests for December with spurious excuses. It's all good fun.
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
          Having reported my sniffles to the Covid trial people, I then had to take a call to describe my symptoms and confirm I had done at least one test and what the result was. They will call back at the end of the week to see if I'm still suffering even though we all know it's just a cold.
          Om.

Meanwhile on March 5th 2019 I was really getting ready to lock & load after a sleepless night. Amusement was provided by the inability to install VS on the lab machines because the HD space was taken up with mech eng crap of zero innerest to the intended audience.
          Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 22 November 2022, 14:42.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

General clothes, smalls, etc are now out of the WM and draped about.

Comment

Prescription collected. It took ages

The flat I attempted to buy around the corner has finally been moved in to. I hope their neighbours are very noisy

And another one in the same development is on the market by auction with a guide price of a mere £115K, despite seeming generally in somewhat better order than the one I was willing to pay £170K for. Turns out it's got tenants though, paying nearly £700/month for the privilege of living there. I was thinking, they could probably buy the place and pay about the same for the mortgage. I checked with a mortgage calculator, and if they had a 20% deposit and got it for the guide price, they'd actually pay nearly £200 a month less even at an interest rate of nearly 6%, assuming a 25 year term

My new place doesn't allow subletting, but it turns out it's only in the past couple of years that the freeholder has enforced this, with existing tenancies allowed to run their course but no new lets allowed. So there's probably going to be more of the flats coming on the market in dribs and drabs over the next couple of years. The one above mine is up for sale now and for a bit less than I paid, but looking at the bathroom and kitchen, you'd have to spend the difference just getting them up to a similar condition to mine

Comment

Watched SAS - Rogue heroes, I thought they were a bit mad to be so brave, it seems I underestimated them - completely nuts. Well worth a watch.

Currently on without a trace which is lighter weight criminal minds.

Lunch was quinoa & pork.

Work is very tedious. But apparently I will be quiet over XMAS if I can get this done.
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Tea has been chicken in red wine sauce with chips and peas

Comment

TFBSZ
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

The car earlier was a Volvo 8-something estate. Good solid things those Volvo estates

And then, as predicted, a new season which isn't actually all that new of the gold hunters

And food was accompanied by an old Police Interceptors

Finally, a C5 documentary on the loss of the Herald of Free Enterprise just outside Zeebrugge harbour in 1987

Quite a chilly night out again - down to 4°C now. And Sirius is twinkling brightly, so the sky is clear and it'll probably get colder still.

Goodnight all

Comment

Working...
                      X