• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning.

Grey.

Dark.

Dank.

Wet.

Chilly in here at 16.2 deg, 18 deg in the kitchen, 15.5 deg in the leanto.

1004 mBar, 29.648 in Hg, 753.06 Torr, 14.56 psi, (down from 1007 last night), 77% RH.

Monday.

Telex machine gleaming brightly.

Meanwhile on 26th Feb 2019 I was recovering from the previous evening's excesses, whilst NF showed an image of PF from 1969.

Shopping trip to Tesco done dusted washed dried sanitised and put away. Caught a bus for part of the way home.

Drizzling began as I returned home.

Warning! Danger Will Robinson! Science of Cambridge MK14 mention!: https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m001dxvm or how IMDB came about.

Lunch: scrambled egg and poached tomato on Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed toasted crust, red corner yog, bramble jelly and marmalade on slices of toast, 0.91*1.5 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Y&Y: more tales of the scum at Ovo.

Shopping trip to Morrisons done dusted washed dried sanitised & put away. No buses were used in this enterprise. Nor any beaming up, down, or sideways.

The reduced 5% fat mince was particularly grey, so that's been cooked, much onion, garlic, chilli powder and hot smoked paprika added, followed by onion & garlic Dolmeo bol mix.

It occupied an otherwise tedious half an hour or so.

Freecell score: 100%, running average 85%.

More minor potching on the Ferguson radio. The tracking of the antenna resonant circuit vs the oscillator is screwed in some very odd way. (Turned out the Medium Wave coil on the slab ferrite aerial was too close to the LW coil, plus a 100nF capacitor was broken & replacing it helped).

Tea: meatballs with rice n peas, the last of the peach slices, a yog, 0.91*1.5 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Wheeler Dealers S14 E18: clip show with added viewer questions.

Abandoned Engineering. Monrovia, Liberia: the building constructed by The True Whigs Party, destroyed after the coup. Peru: the disappeared glacier leaving the ski resort crumbling away and water shortages in La Pas. Doel Belgium: a village the port authority want to destroy. Cleveland astronomical observatory.

The Oak Island nutjobbery S9 E10 "Chamber of Secrets": more wood, wood++, iron, mud. Aside from that, a big feck off iron spike, some rebar, a plank of wood (decking plank of course), they drilled Yet Another Hole and penetrated a void at about 60 feet down which appeared to be full of ?air?.

The Repair Shoppe: helmet & stirrups belonging to an unfortunate chap who endured WWI, then got called up for WWII. Two bears with a musical seat that fits between the two. An ancient kaleidoscope.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 21 November 2022, 12:31.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all
      Overcast with dampness in the air.

Lump on right arm has gone down a bit.

Good news is that my argument last week with IT Quality person where I asked her to quote the law to me, has resulted in her manager agreeing with me. (I suspect it's also because the manager is not used to someone asking them to justify what they do, and isn't aware that most of what they claim is a legal requirement is just their way of making them feel more important)
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning all

Damp and foggy this morning. Currently 10 degrees with a high of 14 expected. The fog is due to give way to cloud later this morning and there's a slight chance of a shower early evening. Barometer continues its downward trajectory and is at 1011 mBar.

Very tired this morning. Definitely going to need more coffee today.

Comment

Morning denizens

Grey and slightly foggy start out with said fog being visible, which makes a nice change. Currently 10°C, maybe reaching12° later, and the barometers are down some more at 1000/1008mB

I didn't bother setting any alarms last night, figuring I'd see what time I woke up. Briefly at 7:30, then straight back to sleep until 10 turned out to be the answer

Got a visit to the dentist this afternoon, at the optimal time of 2:30

Comment

Links are up

Comment

Lunch was a nice bowl of Scotch broth with a bit of wholemeal bread

Off to the dentist in a bit…

Comment

At the dentist’s

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  At the dentist’s
                  And home again, after a very efficiently done root canal.

It's the first time I've been treated by this new woman who's taken over the practice, and she's really good. She kept up a running commentary throughout, explaining each stage of the process, what the individual tools were for, and so on; much better than when they just drill away and poke at you with pointy things without ever explaining what they're up to

Comment

I gather it's advisable not to eat anything too chewy after dental treatment, so tea has been lamb scouse with a couple of ends of seedy bloomer for dunking and scooping. Very tasty

Comment

TFBSZ.

Let’s see how tonight goes. Might be calling the doc in the morning.
                      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X