• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning all

thunder and lightning overnight, but it’s not raining hard right now.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning.

Dire night's sleep. Bed nearly destroyed. Feck me. At a guess it's my usual reaction to the 's flu jab, the one with added bits of shark.

Dark.

Dank.

Dreary.

Damp.

Grey.

Sunless.

Warmish at 17.4 deg in here, 18.5 deg in the kitchen (post kettle), 16 deg in the leanto, can't be arsed to find out what it is in the salting house.

996 mBar, 29.412 in Hg, 747.1 Torr, 14.445 psi, (down from 1003 last night), 75% RH.

Sunday.

Meanwhile in the prePlague 7th Feb 2019, NF & I were agreed that we're not the intended demographic for "Fast & Furious".

Walk (unabbreviated) walked, I feel a bit better & less (or is it fewer ?) after that. .

Lunch: baked potato with cheese & baked beans, red corner yog, bramble jelly & marmalade on slices of toast, 0.91* pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: "It's a fair cop" on R4.

The pears appear to have achieved the state of rotten before achieving the state of ripe, so it looks as if I've had the usual 4 ripe pears a year yet again.

Maybe that's why the jackdaws stopped eating them.

The pears (or what little remained after the bad bits were removed) were ok with custard having been stewed.

Freecell score:88%, running average 85%.

Tea: Mr Brains' faggots with peas & such like, stewed pears with custard, 0.91* pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Weird or What with the WWWC's avatar. Nice wig.

Doctor Who: the end of one & the start of the replacement. Jo Martin would have been my choice but there you go.

. Well there's a thing.

I actually enjoyed that ep, which is unusual for a Chibnall script.

The River Hunters nutters looking for stuff in rivers: River Lochy.

They found a handgrenade. A live handgrenade. As blown up by the Navy EOD chaps. Plainly not "a bobby dazzler" so beloved of the Oak Island Nutjob.

The Repair Shoppe: a "Tommy" doll, a Syrian Chair which was more woodworm than wood, and a peculiar chess set of American Revolution style pieces.
      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 30 October 2022, 16:15.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning denizens

Antipodean Zoom call done. It seems everything's terrible over there too, albeit not quite as terrible as over here because at least they have a competent Prime Minister

Rain, rain, rain out

Currently 14°C and maybe heading to 16° later. The rain is expected to continue into the afternoon, possibly with added thunder and lightning to jazz things up a little. And the barometers have abandoned the optimism of yesterday, heading back down to 994/1002mB

Comment

The rain's stopped! I thought I could take advantage of this to pop along to Sainsbury's, but a look at the radar suggests it's a trap: there's more moving in from the south shortly, and we won't be truly free of it until lunchtime

Comment

Morning all

Wet, wet, wet! Much rain all morning. Seems to have started to ease off now. Currently 16 degrees with a high of 18 expected. Thunderstorm forecast for around 4pm. Barometer at 1001 mBar.

HWMBO and I had a lovely date night out in Holborn with drinks at Fitz's Bar followed by dinner at Noble Rot. Sore headed this morning.

Comment

Rain's back, but the worst of it seems to have passed over now

The mundane laundry is on. I meant to do it yesterday, but forgot. Then I got as far as putting it in the washing machine and was going to have it running during the Zoom call, but forgot again

Comment

Afternoon all

Woe is me... Foolishly cleared all cookies yesterday because of issues with certain websites. Namely diy.com which seems to have been "under maintenance" for ages. Anyway, that's my wordle, nerdle, worldle, phrazle scores gone for a burton.

In other news

METAR EGFF 231050Z AUTO 11008KT 9999 FEW009 16/14 Q0999

Plenty of rain last night.

Comment

Sunshine!

Just about to drape the laundry

And once that's done I need to pop round to a friend's so they can witness me signing various deeds and the like, after which I shall proceed to Sainsbury's

Comment

Friend has been visited and signing of documents witnessed

And then to Sainsbury's, where the Sunday crowd appear to be drawn mainly from the Society for the Abolition of Facemasks

But I got the bits I needed, which weren't numerous. And they'd just started yellow-stickering at the Patisserie Valerie cake counter, so I gave them some space and time while I went for other bits, then saved a couple of quid or more on the ones I got on the way back

Comment

Lunch after shopping was cold chicken leg and a bag of plain crisps

The lukewarm food counter doesn't appear to operate on Sundays, but I always enjoy a cold chicken leg

Comment

Working...
                      X