• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    Good send off achieved. Intense and tiring day.

Comment

Morning all.

well, I’m doing my first guided walk post Lowland Leader training next month.

Many thanks for your, err, helpful additions to my local history NF (although the Plough Inn was a good heads-up!).

I’m going have to recce the route next week though as there might be an issue with a large traffic underpass that I’ll need to solved (although it wouldn’t be beyond the wit of man to sort this out on the day I would have thought).
      "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
      - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Morning all
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
          Good send off achieved. Intense and tiring day.

Morning.

Damp.

Sunny.

Blue sky in parts.

Warmish at 17.5 deg in here, 19 deg in the kitchen (post kettle), 16.5 in the leanto, deg in the saltinghouse.

1003 mBar, 29.618 in Hg, 752.3 Torr, 14.547 psi, (up from 997 last night), 75% RH.

Saturday.

Entertainment: Wheeler Dealers S12 E14 Ford Orris 2000 Rally conversion. Seen it before, but what the hell. Taxed until 31st March 2023. Bought for £6750, total £12k3, sold for £12,999.

Back in 7th February 2019 NF was consuming sardine toasties whilst I was enjoying more of the previous Sunday's roast lamb, and Xogg had found a queen wasp in his office.

Wheeler Dealers S11 E8 1957 Ford Thunderbird. Bought for £25k, total £25k, sold for £33k. Taxed until November 2023.

Wheeler Dealers stripped down Ooooer Mrs S12 E5 MGA Bought for $14k, total $25k, sold for $35k.

Walk (slightly abbreviated due to irritating road traffic) walked in the drizzle.

Lunch: baked potato with cheese and baked beans, red corner yog, bramble jelly and marmalade slices of toast, 0.91* pints of good Glengettie tea.

A couple of pears, good in parts but otherwise verging on meh, consumed.

The news is informing me that Bunter, the Fat Owl of the Remove, has returned to the country from his 3rd holiday since August.

Prevaxxing Freecell score: 91%, running average 85%.

And there's me vaxxed for flu and The Plague. A good deal more convenient than Glynneath, Gorseinon, or Margam Park, but in the surgery, which is within walking distance.

Freecell score: 100%, running average 85%.

Tea: spag with not very fiery bol (the chilli powder is definitely broken), the last of the mango slices, a yellow corner yog, 0.91* pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: "Fast & Loud" on DMAX: typical septic car fixit programme, it went <click>.

Ancient Aliens: <ditto>

"Delicate Sound of Thunder": Pink Floyd: Sky Arts.

Ancient Aliens: the Ufos turning missile systems on & off one with the nonsense about ancient nuclear war in India.

Maigret: The lost life (1963). How things have changed. It was rather good.

Takers (2010) with Idris Elba and Matt Dillon. Amusing enough in the usual battulip crazy sort of way.

Have I mentioned the half eaten dead rat outside the back door?
          Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 22 October 2022, 21:00.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all

Sunny with fluff and a bit of a stiff breeze here on the south coast. Currently 16 degrees with a high of 17 expected. there was rain overnight and the forecast seems undecided about further rain today.

Slept very well, which was a relief. I have some errands to run with my brother this morning to sort his car out. Aiming to leave for home about lunchtime.

Comment

Morning denizens

Lots of cotton wool in the sky, with sufficient gaps to let the sun through on a frequent basis. Currently 14°C with 17° due in a while, and the barometers are back up a bit at 1000/1008mB

And there's a severe weather warning for thunderstorms, apparently related to the rain that will turn up tonight and continue until, probably, Monday

Comment

Couple of croissants with strawberry jam for breakfast - with coffee, of course

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
                  Many thanks for your, err, helpful additions to my local history NF (although the Plough Inn was a good heads-up!).
                  Happy to help

Comment

A spider just attempted to descend on to me from the ceiling

I managed to catch it on the lid of the laptop and trap it there, then usher it out of the window

Comment

sdsd

Om.

Back in 7th Feb 2019 NF was thinking of baking another cake.

Ah, dear dead days beyond recall when we could think of turning on the oven for a whole hour or so.
                      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 22 October 2022, 12:16.
                      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Working...
                      X