• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The roller towel finally dried whilst draped over the newel post overnight.

Morning.

Dark.

Dank.

Drizzly.

Depressing.

Dire.

Dreadful.

Damp.

Chilly in here at 16 deg, 18 deg in the kitchen (next to the kettle), 14.5 deg in the leanto, 14 deg in the salting house.

1007 mbar, 29.7366 in Hg, 755.3 Torr, 14.6 psi, (down from 1010), 75% RH.

Friday.

Meanwhile back in 28th January 2019 NF Snr was back in hospital whilst I suffered the trauma of The Cracked Washing up Bowl.

The sun emerged, the drizzle stopped, so: Walk (unabbreviated) walked in the sunshine, with gloom returning towards the end thereof.

Lunch: scrambled egg with poached tomato on Morrisons soya & linseed toast, bramble jelly & marmalade on slices of same, red pippy corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Some waffley thing on R4 about James Joyce. It went <click> after 20 minutes after proving to be of little innerest to me, much as I'd suspected.

About 10 minutes of TWAO. They seemed a bit exercised about something or other.

Next batches of chill con carne and fiery (I hope) bol duly cooked, for some odd reason there's 6 portions of chilli rather than the more usual 5.

The cooker alcove has had its floor cleaned when I finally realised how grubby it was. It's a bit less grubby now.

Being on somewhat of a roll the house was very roughly vacced, the vac remaining its overenthusiastic self after I banged the filter on the wall the other day.

As a glutton for punishment, the massacre of the brambles and, today, the fecking honeysuckle happened again. I think I hate honeysuckle even more than I hate brambles: at least you get blackberries off brambles, you get feck all off honeysuckle.

<- literally.

Tea: battered haddock (or is it cod?), the last of the fruit cocktail, a yog (the last of those too), 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: PM: Oh schadenfreude how wonderful you are.

Wheeler Dealers S13 E14: 1963 Sunbeam Alpine: bought for $7k, spent $5k, sold for $18k. Well there's a thing.

Ghosts S3 E4: the OAP party one which turned out to be a kids birthday party.

"Spycraft" on Blaze. Amazingly enough, none of the Ancient Aliens nutjobs, nor the Oak Island nutjobs appeared in this programme.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 14 October 2022, 21:47.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all

Cloudy but bright. The cloud being high enough and thin enough that a suggestion of sky is visible. Currently 12 degrees with a high of 15 forecast. Light rain expected mid-afternoon. Barometer down to 1009 mBar.

I have meetings right through to 1pm today.

Comment

Bedding wash on

Comment

Morning all

METAR EGFF 140820Z AUTO 29004KT 260V320 3600 -DZ BKN003 OVC030 12/12 Q1011 RERA REDZ

Clouds at 300ft
          Visibility 3600m
          Light Drizzle (-DZ)

Recent Rain (RERA)
          Recent Drizzle (REDZ)

Can't see over the water but assume Devon is still there given WTFH has posted today.

TFIF!

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
            Can't see over the water but assume Devon is still there given WTFH has posted today.
            I can confirm Devon is still here. Ceiling is about 500ft, which means if we get buzzed by transporters on the EGVN/EGHQ loop, we should still see them.
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

The bins have been trundled back in

I put out the recycling bin and one of the black ones, but - miracle of miracles! - somebody else later put out the other fairly full black one that I didn't want anything to do with because cobwebs

At least I think that's what happened. Maybe I did put the other one out after all, then forgot? That seems more likely than somebody else putting one out, though the new chap upstairs is still a wild card in this respect

Anyway, one orange and two black bins are now back in the yard

Comment

Thank goodness, my 12 - 1pm meeting has been moved to next week.

At least the meetings I've had this morning are more of a collective information sharing type rather than me having to do stuff type.

Comment

Eight day extension

Comment

Drizzly precipitation here. My Friday morning meeting has been moved to Monday afternoon, which means I have time to prep for my Monday morning meeting now.
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                      Eight day extension
                      JIT extensions

Comment

Working...
                      X