• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

Thunderstorm cancelled. No rain until Friday.

Apparently a lot of places in West London e.g. Kew Gardens, Northolt, Heathrow, St James Park where just over 40 degrees by 4pm. So anyone in that area likely was suffering with 40 degree temperatures at some point.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

We're back to thunderstorms tomorrow afternoon. I do wish they'd make their minds up

Comment

We're back to thunderstorms tomorrow afternoon. I do wish they'd make their minds up
        Must remember to cover the bits and pieces on my bonfire pile. Don't do bonfires while it's hot, annoying for neighbours with all their windows open.

PS Done. Ta for reminding me loony ladymuck.
        Last edited by xoggoth; 19 July 2022, 17:36.
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

We reached 40°C here for a bit, apparently. But now it's down to 34°, and might be low enough that it'll be worth getting the windows open by about 21:00 - it didn't get any higher than 30.4° inside, thanks to keeping the curtains closed. And it seems there's a chance of drizzle in the next hour, though I'm not sure that'll help much

Comment

It's come over all cloudy and there were two spots of rain.

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post

Must remember to cover the bits and pieces on my bonfire pile. Don't do bonfires while it's hot, annoying for neighbours with all their windows open.

PS Done. Ta for reminding me loony ladymuck.
              You're very welcome!

Comment

More spots of rain! And a distant rumble.

Comment

Ents is The Long History of Argument on BBC Sounds (on the Seriously podcast). I heard the first part on the radio this morning but work prevented me paying full attention.

Comment

The weather app reckons the temperature here is going to drop 10°C in the next hour!

Or maybe even half hour. It's saying 32° now and 22° for 21:00, so who knows? Seems unlikely though

Comment

More spots of rain! And a distant rumble.
                      Raining here and bit of lightning.
                      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
                      X