• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Windows open, and some slightly less hot air is flowing through the place

Tea, meanwhile, has been a thick-cut ribeye steak with chips, fried onions and beans

Accompanied by a some-years-old episode of Police Interceptors :

The car earlier, BTW, was a Volvo Amazon from the 1960s. I'd seen the gold diggers (two or three times, I think) and the antiques bloke went to France. But I didn't pay much attention, as I've started reading Twelve Years a Slave by Solomon Northup, on which the film was based. I thought I'd read it before watching it

Comment

Morning.

Dry Wet.

Sunny Grey.

Hot warmish at 20.5 deg in here.

1015 mBar, 29.973 in Hg, 761.3 Torr, 14.72 psi, (down from 1016 last night), 72% RH.

Saturday.

Prebreakfast Freecell score: 100%, running average 85%.

Raining quite heavily.

Post breakfast Freecell score: 90%, running average 85%.

Entertainment: Money Box.

Lunch: leek & potato soup with Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed bread, bramble jelly & marmalade sandwiches, a yellow corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Dead Ringers.

Sun's out.

Sun's in.

Hammering down.

Tea: spag plus fiery bol, a yog, some peach slices, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: the usual Ancient Aliens bollox for much of the afternoon & early evening, though I was dozing through much of the early eps.

Edward VIII Britain's Traitor King. There's never a red hot poker around when you need one. .

Heatwave: Summer of '76 on 5. I remember it well. Walking up the tunnel at 3M at end of shift at 14:00, the air was so hot at the top that you could feel your skin drying out. They put a vent in the tunnel roof after that.

The "Tunnel" being a covered walkway between the top (1950s) sticky tape plant, the middle (1960s) magnetic tape plant, and the warehouse at the bottom of the hill, thusly hot air flowed all the way up to the top where the doors were.

Faking it: Jimmy Savile.
      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 18 June 2022, 21:50.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all
        Yesterday evening’s swim in the sea was great, the water was warmer than expected. A bit overcast this morning, which is probably better for spending a few hours at a local show.
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Afternoon.

Last night it was apparently 20 degrees in London.

Today there have been a few heavy down pours which means now it's humid.

Back to potting around before I venture out.

"You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Afternoon from Cloggyland
            "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Afternoon denizens

I've got Covid. Yay London!

Got a very sore throat and feel a bit under the weather, but not particularly bad. Let's hope it doesn't get any worse

Speaking of the weather, it's a grey day with drizzle verging on rain from time to time, and much cooler at 13°C. Barometers are slightly up though, at 1012/1020mB

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
                Afternoon from Cloggyland
                Afternoon from Covidland! How's things?

Comment

Evening all

It's been a cloudy, rainy, dull day. Rather chilly compared to yesterday. Barometer down to 1017 mBar.

HWMBO and I went to meet friends in Canary Wharf then they were due to go for dinner and we realised where they were going has a fab bar. So we went ahead to sit in the bar while they togged up and they joined us for an aperitif before their dinner.

Now back home and contemplating some of the leftovers from yesterday for our own dinner.
                  Last edited by ladymuck; 20 June 2022, 08:10.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    Afternoon denizens

I've got Covid. Yay London!

Got a very sore throat and feel a bit under the weather, but not particularly bad. Let's hope it doesn't get any worse

Speaking of the weather, it's a grey day with drizzle verging on rain from time to time, and much cooler at 13°C. Barometers are slightly up though, at 1012/1020mB
                    Not entirely convinced your trip to London on Thursday is responsible for you testing positive today.

Comment

Not in the Chinese, for obvious reasons

Comment

Working...
                      X