• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My nice new pillows have now been encased in their protectors and pillow cases, so the bed is all ready for when I need it

And before that, tea was a steak & caramelised onion burger in a toasted sesame bun with sweet chilli sauce, accompanied by chips

So everything is done and dusted at last, and I can finally relax

Comment

TFBSZ
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

I'm quite tired, so I'll get into detail about the films tomorrow if that's all the same

Goodnight all

Comment

Got Wordle in 2 goes. Yeh.
          bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
          John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Morning all
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning.

Dry.

Grey.

Cool in here at 18.1 deg.

1018 mBar, 30.06 in Hg, 763.56 Torr, 14.765 psi, (up from 1017 last night), 74% RH.

Saturday judging by the crap coming out of the wireless.

Found out what the "Purple Rain" trail was about: wireless went <click>

Walk (unabbreviated) walked in the windy wan sunshine.

The big hairy caterpillar didn't survive being run over by a car before I had chance to save it.

Lunch: lentil & ham soup with Morrisons sunflower & pumpkin seed toast, bramble jelly sandwich on same, red corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Money Box: we're all doomed.

The News Quiz: we're all doomed.

News at 13:00: we're all doomed.

Despite the badness of the back, the lawns need mowing despite it only being 13 days since I last did it.

Fecking grass is growing like Topsy.

<hiatus>

Six lawns amown. Knackered now.

Tea: last of the fiery bol with spag, some fruit cocktail, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: PM. Ah spit, the Labor Party have won, Bruce.

Ancient Aliens bollox: watched it before so replaced by a thing about Frank Lloyd Wright on BBC2. It helped justify my tv licence. . Though I dozed a bit here and there.

Ancient Aliens bollox: Impossible artefacts: not improved by the fright haired Greek American chap. Also present is Derek von thingy.

Freecell score: 86%. And that took some doing. Definitely far out of the zone at the moment. .

Entertainment: nothing. Nada. Feck all. 13 channels of tulip on the tv to choose from. For "13" read hundreds and they're all tulip.

Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 21 May 2022, 21:42.
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all

Looks like blue sky with wispy stuff this morning. Currently 16 degrees with a high of 20 expected. The day will be cloudy but dry. Barometer up to 1022 mBar.

I think I'll take a walk down to Chelsea today to have a look at my storage locker and see how much space I have in it. I know there's several empty boxes in there which I could now throw away as the items they belong to are past their warranty. I can't remember if the storage place has bins. I hope so, as that would be very handy.

Comment

Afternoon denizens

Bit grey out, but not rainy and pleasant enough at 18°C. Barometers are up slightly at 1011/1019mB

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                    Got Wordle in 2 goes. Yeh.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                      The big hairy caterpillar didn't survive being run over by a car before I had chance to save it.

Comment

Working...
                      X