• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning.

Dry.

Sunny.

CBS High cloud.

Hazy.

Chilly at 14.7 deg in here.

1021 mBar, 30.15 in Hg, 765.8 Torr, 14.8 psi, (down from 1024), 70% RH.

Monday.

Telex machine gleaming particularly brightly..

Walk (unabbreviated) walked in the wan sunshine. Pleasant enough in its way.

Lunch: scrambled egg and poached tomato on Morrisons wholemeal sunflower and spelt toasted crust, bramble jelly & marmalade sandwiches, a red pippy corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: some thing on R4 about Reith and the BBC (as in BB Company Ltd in 1922), follwoed by Y&Y until the <click> due to lack of innerest.

Freecell score: 93%, running average: 84%, bit better than yesterday.

Another afternoon wasted completely in the ennui of retirement, though I did find a databook and a shareware catalogue to throw away. .

And I read a couple of books about Baglan & Briton Ferry. .

Tea: meatballs in chilli sauce (enhanced to increase the chilliness), some pear halves, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: PM until the wireless went <click> again due to lack of innerest.

Discovering someone <- TBD after I've turned the telly on. Robin Williams "Gooooodmorning Vietnaaaaaaaam!".

Fred Dibnah's World of Steam, Steel & Stone: he's railing against globalisation in a steel forge.

The Oak Island nutjobbery has been supplanted by Yet More UFO bollox in one of those tedious things that Blaze do every now & again just in case the terminal ennui hasn't got you yet.

NCIS S18 E13 "Misconduct". Thankfully nearly at the End of Season. :.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 28 March 2022, 18:09.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all

It looks sunny out, maybe a bit of wispy stuff about. Currently 7 degrees with a high of 17 later. Cloud cover set to increase as the day progresses with a decent chance of rain overnight. Barometer down to 1025 mBar.

As I'm off to Glasgow this evening, I see they are forecast a high of 16 an no rain overnight. However, the 10 day forecast has snow in it.

Not a great sleep. Some very odd dreams that I can't quite remember now. Woke up at about 4.50 am.

Comment

Breakfast: a croissant with strawberry jam. Delicious, and a good way to start the day

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

Morning all

It looks sunny out, maybe a bit of wispy stuff about. Currently 7 degrees with a high of 17 later. Cloud cover set to increase as the day progresses with a decent chance of rain overnight. Barometer down to 1025 mBar.

As I'm off to Glasgow this evening, I see they are forecast a high of 16 an no rain overnight. However, the 10 day forecast has snow in it.

Not a great sleep. Some very odd dreams that I can't quite remember now. Woke up at about 4.50 am.
          Have fun - Doppio Malto on George Square is rather good (was there on Saturday before the Ice Hockey).
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post

Have fun - Doppio Malto on George Square is rather good (was there on Saturday before the Ice Hockey).
            Unlikely to have opportunity on this trip but made a note for next time, thanks!

Comment

Links are up

Comment

Lunch, by the way, was a roast beef butty (beef from a while ago out of the freezer, on wholemeal bread because I've somehow finished up with quite a lot of that)

Seems a long time ago now though

Comment

Walk briskly walked, green ring closed

Very pleasant sunny evening; slight breeze, but the minor effects of that wore off once I warmed up a bit

Comment

For reasons best known to themselves, my watch and phone decided to reject the concept of British Summer Time while I was out for my walk

I got very confused when I got back and noticed, wondering if I'd accidentally knocked off work an hour early

Gave them both a restart and they seem to have worked out the time zone again. It Just Works Except When It Doesn't™

Comment

After a busy but not hectic day, I wended my way to Heathrow for my trip to bonny Scotland. No drinks in the lounge on account of driving at the other end. Now safely sat in the first row where the air is of a far superior quality.

Comment

Working...
                      X