• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning all Late start from me (in terms of posting) due to a 7.30am conf call.
    Who knew it was possible to work at that time.

The Company's Chief Tail Wagger (owns < 50% of shares) then insisted that we have an urgent off-site perambulator discussion about the company direction. That direction turned out being North East for a couple of km, then back again.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
      Today's walk is postponed until this afternoon due to the continuing inclemency of the weather.
      Me yesterday: Tomorrow, I'll get my walk done as soon as I've been to the doctor's!

Me this morning: no

Comment

The rain has commenced. It's not very heavy but it is chilly.

Comment

Walk briskly walked, green ring closed

The extra leg via the dodgy rec was added

And I made the detour via the pharmacy too, to pick up some LFTs. But there was a queue long enough that a couple who looked like they were there for their methadone (though they may not have been) were having to queue outside, so I didn't bother; I'll make another detour tomorrow and see if it's less busy

Oh, and before that, lunch was some leftover crispy duck from the Chinese

Comment

Stopped raining here

Just been out to check the oil tank, enough to last a couple of months.
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

A Crouch Recovery heavy wrecker heading townwards just got held up at the pedestrian crossing outside!

Comment

After a frenzied outburst of activity in the kitchen, I have a shin of beef and Fuller's ESB casserole cooking in the InstantPot™

Embedding it in a pie is left for a time when I have enough energy to make (or, more likely, remember to buy) pastry

Comment

Loony lady overdose today. 5 in pub.
                  bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                  John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Just about managed to finish work in time to sort myself out for night class. I didn't have enough time to look over what I missed last week and practise the homework. I don't think anything we covered today went in and I don't know if I can be bothered to take all the materials with me to Glasgow tomorrow.

Talking of Glasgow, my flight was scheduled to land around the time that Storm Dudley is due to be causing a kerfuffle so BA cancelled it. They put me on a flight two hours earlier which has completely messed my day up at work so now I'm going to have to get up at the crack of a sparrow's fart to get everything done.

And I still have that essay to finish. That's my next job now I've had a rant about nonsense to you lot.
                    Last edited by ladymuck; 15 February 2022, 21:27.

Comment

The beef casserole turned out inordinately nice, accompanied by some chips and peas

I'm definitely going to make pies, so I need to work out how much is needed for my individual pie dishes and divvy it up into pie-sized portions.

Comment

Working...
                      X