• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning denizens

Gloomy grey day out, damp and windy by the look of things. Currently 8°C, possibly reaching 10° later, and the barometers are distinctly down at 993/1001mB

Just waiting for the Zoom call to start…

Comment

Morning.

Wet.

Windy.

Grey.

Sunless.

Dark.

Dank.

Dreary.

Sunday.

997 mBar, 29.44 in Hg, 747.8 Torr, 14.46 psi, 65% RH.

Some odd dreams just before waking, involving buying computer books somewhere & not having sufficient carrier bags to hold them, then having one purloined whilst attempting to buy a one way ticket to Neath at some undefined railway station with a very odd booking office, after which I miraculously appeared to be home and even more miraculously the purloined book turned out to not be purloined after all. It was about basic something or other that I've never heard of & have zero innerest in, much like most computery type books these days. .

For some odd reason, last evening I popped an ex Esteemed Customer's name into linkedin and lo! he appeared, having obtained a degree from Ye Olde Sloughe of Desponde & gone on to greater things in Imperial, gaining a PhD, which is gratifying.

He now appears to work in technical publishing.

Makes a change from the ones that end up working in the curry house.

Walk: unwalked.

Red Chinese Winter Olympics: snowed off.

Lunch: roast chicken breast with cumberland sausage (where what flavour there is comes from), even remembered the roasties before I'd eaten it all, a red corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Reasonably ok, as far as it went, the sausage more than the chicken.

Entertainment: The food programme, TWAO.

Freecell score: 90% (of 10), running average 84%.

Entertainment: the final 5 minutes of "City on the Edge of Forever (1967)" with that bewigged chap and, rather curiously, Joan Collins.

Tea: tomato soup with a hint of chili with some Morrisons wholemeal sunflower and spelt bread, bramble jelly sandwich on same, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: those two Irish ladies as agony aunts on R4 at 19:15. Very funny. It was all about the menopause today.

Bab5 S4 E2 "Whatever happened to Mr Garibaldi?" wherein we find out what happened to Mr Garibaldi though it does seem to have made him more than slightly crotchety.

Bab5 S4 E3 "The summoning": The Captain returns, undead.

Bab5 S4 E4 "Falling towards Apotheosis": uKosh Koshed.

Commentary on Bab5 S4 E4 "Falling towards Apotheosis" : the funniest yet. Bruce Boxleitner, Jerry Doyle, Patricia Tallman, and Peter Jurasik.
      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 13 February 2022, 23:04.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all wet & windy out. Not sure I’ll be gardening today.
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Zoom call done, eventually. There was a delay as my sister tried to help our parents get connected, but sadly it proved to be beyond them

Of course she couldn't go round and set it up for them in advance as she's isolating at the moment due to Covid in the house. But my BIL says he's absolutely fine, and seems so - he had a day or so of feeling a bit under the weather and symptoms akin to a slight cold, but that's as bad as it got

Once that was done, I turned to the soup I left on the go in the slow cooker overnight. Cartilaginous bits of the turkey thighs having deliquesced nicely, I discarded the bones, blended the veg, and chucked the finely diced meat in. This one tasted a bit bland for some reason, so I chucked some herbs and Aromat in there to give it a bit of a boost.

Then I remembered that a poor sense of taste is a symptom of Covid, but my coffee tasted fine during the call so I think it's just the soup. Not sure why it would seem lacking in flavour though; I made it the same way I always do. I'll give it a couple of hours and if it still seems a bit bland, I'll try chucking some onion salt in too, maybe some garlic powder

Comment

Morning all

Dull and dismal out there this morning. Currently 8 degrees ('feels like' 6) with a high of 11 later. Rain expected all afternoon from 1 pm. Barometer down to 1006 mBar.

I tried to get up before 9 am but ended up getting out of bed around 9.30 am then faffing, putting dried laundry away. You'd think I was avoiding doing something...

I'm off out in an hour to meet friends for lunch.

Comment

Couple of rounds of buttered wholemeal toast, just to tide me over until the soup's done

Comment

Gave the soup a stir and had a taste, and it seems to be turning out very nicely

Comment

The DogTW has been walked. I was sandblasted by horizontal rain. We’re now back home, both showered and putting on schlompers. The likelihood of me going out later is zero, unless I need to go to the log shed for more wood, or choose to do a bit of fettling in my workshop.
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

The turkey soup has come to fruition, and very nice it is accompanied by some multiseed bread

Drizzly out, though it might become proper rain later if the rainfall radar is to be believed

Comment

And now a big bit of Dundee cake to go with my afternoon coffee

Comment

Working...
                      X