• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning.

Dry.

Sunny.

Frosty.

Ice on the waterbutt.

Cold in here at 12.7 deg.

1032 mBar, 30.47 in Hg, 774 Torr, 14.97 psi, 64% RH.

Friday.

Smalls in WM1.

Sheets in WM2.

Smalls out of WM1 and into TD.

Shirts in WM1.

Smalls out of TD (in random number mode).

Shirts out of WM1 and into TD.

Cottons into WM1.

Walk (unabbreviated) walked in the sunshine. Managed to avoid the talkative chap, much to my delight.

Shirts out of TD and roughly iRoned.

Smalls back into TD for 2nd pass (the socks don't dry well being padded).

Lunch: scrambled egg and poached tomato on the last round of Morrisons wholemeal sunflower & spelt toast, bramble jelly sandwich red pippy corner yog, another yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Y&Y, TWAO.

Sheets out of WM2.

Sheets hung on washing line.

Mother****ing washing line breaks.

Sheets back in WM2.

You couldn't make this tulip up.

Sheets out of WM2 and into TD. So fecking much for saving electricity.

Shopping trip to Morrisons done, dusted, washed, dried, sanitised, & put away & guess wot? There seems to be a world shortage (in Neath) of suitable washing line: none in Wilko & some inferior crap in Morrisons.

The sheets are still in the TD, though the random number generator seems to reckon they should be out by now.

Freecell score:55%, running average 84%.

Tea: last of the good Cap'n's battered haddock, last of the peach slices, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: By some miracle I remembered "Discovering Robert Redford" was on at 17:30 instead of 18:00.

Quantum Leap S4 E21 "Standup": not innerested in this one at all, it's just on.

Bab5 S3 E19 "Grey 17 is missing": the missing floor 17 one.

Strangest Things on Blaze: The Baghdad battery (it's a cell FFS there more than one cell in a battery), the screaming mummy, the mediaeval hand: more bollox, no Ancient Alien Researchers spotted so far.

Bab5 S3 E20 "And the rock cried out, no hiding place"

Freecell score on this box: 84.11%.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 11 February 2022, 22:44.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all

Blue sky. Chilly at 2 degrees, with a high of 8 later. Barometer up to 1032 mBar.

An idiot "sharepoint expert" deleted a page of FAQs I'd written for end users and won't restore it - I have to do it for him. However, I have just noticed my miniature daffodils have started flowering, as have my hyacinths, so I'm not going to let someone else's incompetence drag me down.

TFIF

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
        Morning all

0oC, clear blue skies.

TFIF, etc
        Just noticed... Mod Century ommmm.
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning denizens

Up betimes, for it is bin day and I suspect the recycling people are getting here earlier again. Sure enough, those bins had been done by just after half eight; so one was captured and trundled back in

And then I continued onwards, so: walk briskly walked, green ring closed

I didn't add the extra leg today, but felt vaguely like I was skipping part of the walk. So the idea of going a bit further seems to be starting to develop into a habit, or maybe just something else to feel guilty about

It was a fairly cold start at 2°C but sunny too, so it's already up to 4°. No more than 7° forecast for the rest of the day though. Barometers have leapt up to 1024/1032mB

Comment

Coco Shreddies had for late breakfast / mid morning snack.

I've inhaled three cups of coffee this morning so need to switch to water, I guess.

Comment

Contemplating whether to put a wash on or do it tomorrow.

Comment

Realised I've been getting very short tempered and grumpy at work. Probably a combination of too much needing to be done in too little time and having been at the client for far too long and so being utterly disillusioned by everything they do.

Comment

But, on a positive note, I'm off to meet a friend for dinner this evening over Hampton Court way.

Comment

Thinking of chores, I also need to get myself booked in at the hairdresser - those greys don't cover themselves up!

Comment

And a 'chury. Finally remembered to pay attention to the post count

Comment

Working...
                      X