• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well Nick the wide stance delivered a vaguely believable performance so I'm seeing that as a win.

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Telly tonight started with Trucking Hell during and after dining, in which Crouch Recovery go well off their usual patch to get a van from the bottom of a loch

And then, having not watched one for almost two years, I returned to Wallander with Fotografen (TV Episode 2006). All very uncheerful stuff

And finally an Air Crash Investigation into an Ethiopian Airlines 737 that took off from Beirut, careered around the sky in all the wrong directions for a few minutes, then plummeted into the Med

Clear sky and thus cold out tonight: already down to 1°C, but supposedly fog is going to turn up and prevent it getting any lower

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all

Beautiful sunrise over frozen fields.
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning all

Dry and sunny at present but rain forecast this afternoon. Currently 14 degrees and that's the high for the day.

Did much walking around Valletta yesterday, followed by a good night out. There's some excellent cocktail bars around! A bit sore headed today.

Comment

Morning.

Dry.

Sunny.

Blue sky.

Frosty out, 13.2 deg in here.

1039 mBar, 30.68 in Hg, 779.3 Torr, 15.07 psi, 65% RH.

Wednesday.

Sheets in WM2 in the hope of drying a little on the line this afternoon before meeting the TD.

Shopping trip to Tesco via shanks' pony done, dusted, washed, dried, sanitised, & put away.

Lunch: scrambled egg & poached tomato on Morrisons sunflower & pumpkin seed toasted crust, bramble jelly & marmalade sandwiches on same, a red pippy corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: waiting for WM2 to finish its cycle so I can peg the sheets on the line.

I spent 5 minutes this morning waiting for it to go from 0:01 to 0:00, it should be done at about 12:47 but I'm not holding my breath.

Sheets on line in the sunshine.

Walk (unabbreviated) walked in the sunshine.

Freecell score: forgot to look, running average 84%.

Sheets off the line & in the TD.

Tea: sausages & onion gravy, not quite as good as Monday's effort but nice enough, the last of the mango slices, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Discovering Dean Martin.

Quantum Leap S3 E21 "Nuclear Family": the Cuban missile crisis one.

NCIS LA S11 E7 "Concours d'Elegance". Mediocre.

Winter Road Rescue: Blizzard: from 2018.

Skin A&E: repeat: replaced with:

Roswell S2 E17 "Cry your name": wherein they killed off Alex due to the actor wanting time off to do "Band of Brothers".

Roswell S2 E18 "It's too late, it's too bad"

Roswell S2 E19 "Baby, it's you": the mystery progresses.
            Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 13 January 2022, 09:07.
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning denizens

Sunny out, though it hasn't yet moved around enough to defrost the outbuilding roofs round the back completely, in turn suggesting that such fog as there was failed to keep the temperature above freezing last night

Currently 3°C, which is up 2° in the last forty minutes, with 7° on the cards for the afternoon (if only briefly); and the barometers continue to soar ever upward at 1033/1041mB

Not a bad night's sleep for the most part. I had a somewhat unsettling dream around six, which woke me up enough to realise that it would probably go away if I went for a piss, so I did and it did. I'm increasingly of the belief that any and all unsettling dreams I have are merely a tactic my unconscious mind has adopted to persuade me to wake up and go for a piss

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                well Nick the wide stance delivered a vaguely believable performance so I'm seeing that as a win.
                I think it was someone on Twitter recently who said that the thing about Nicolas Cage is that he seems to be happy to appear in literally any film anybody asks him to, with no sense of quality control whatsoever. So to a much greater extent than with most stars, it's impossible to draw any conclusion as to whether a film is likely to be any good or not from the fact that he's in it; you have to watch it and see

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  I'm increasingly of the belief that any and all unsettling dreams I have are merely a tactic my unconscious mind has adopted to persuade me to wake up and go for a piss
                  I well remember the dream wherein I was urinating, only to wake up & find that, indeed I very nearly was.

Thankfully I was sleeping on my back so a change of underwear sufficed, rather than a change of bedding.

Sans eyes, sans teeth, sans bladder control. Ho hum.

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

I think it was someone on Twitter recently who said that the thing about Nicolas Cage is that he seems to be happy to appear in literally any film anybody asks him to, with no sense of quality control whatsoever. So to a much greater extent than with most stars, it's impossible to draw any conclusion as to whether a film is likely to be any good or not from the fact that he's in it; you have to watch it and see
                  Then again, compare with Bruce "appear in any old tulipe for one day's filming then stick my picture on the front of the dvd to fool the punters" Willis.

I noticed that one of his epics was reduced to £3 in Tesco this morning & it was still too fecking expensive to risk time & money in buying it.

I think the last halfway decent film he was in was the "Deathwish" remake.
                  Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 12 January 2022, 12:40.
                  When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Helped loony lady 2 put up her pictures in local art exhibition. Then nice sunny and quite warm, if a bit boring, walk.

PS Damn, left me ladder there, forget everything these days.
                    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Walk briskly walked, green ring closed

Set off after four and it still wasn't dark when I got back

Quite a nice sunset too

And the bed has been stripped to air before putting the clean bedding on. I was going to do a mundane laundry wash today, but I can't be bothered

Comment

Working...
                      X