• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mundane laundry on (quick wash)

Comment

Decided an early dinner was required as I hadn't really had lunch and was feeling a bit peckish.

Televisual viewing while eating is the latest episode of Surgeons, which does feel a bit like a more in depth version of 24 Hours in A&E (which I might watch next as I'm sure I'm behind on that).

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
        Decided an early dinner was required as I hadn't really had lunch and was feeling a bit peckish.

Televisual viewing while eating is the latest episode of Surgeons, which does feel a bit like a more in depth version of 24 Hours in A&E (which I might watch next as I'm sure I'm behind on that).
        Yes, it does start out feeling like that, though then you get all the slicing and dicing that 24 Hours glosses over with "Mildred was transferred to a surgical ward"

Comment

Here you go, xog, something weird for you on Google Maps: a stealth bomber! https://www.google.com/maps/place/39...!4d-93.5945833

Via https://www.reddit.com/r/Damnthatsin...n_google_maps/

Apparently the colour fringes are because the photographs are taken in the red, green, and blue channels successively then combined, and it was going so fast that it was in a different position for each one

Comment

Sainsbury's delivery arrived!

The turkey thighs were dated 23 and 24 December, because it's not as if anybody's likely to want turkey on Christmas Day is it?

So they've had to be frozen for now, which is annoying as they take up a fair bit of room. This means that tomorrow I'll be having pork chops, as they had to be removed to fit them in. And I'm revising plans for tonight's dinner, as I think using up something else that liberates some space would be a good idea… I'm planning on making some stuff in advance and freezing it for reheating on the day, or a later day if it turns out my family are wild risk-takers, so I need the room

Comment

Here you go, xog, something weird for you on Google Maps: a stealth bomber
              Cheers Fizzy Knickers.

Bit of a social overdose today, lunch at pub with loony ladies and 1 loony bloke, then dinner later with son. Back home now with my little puppet parrot.
              bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
              John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Tea: Pukka chicken & bacon pie, with chips, peas and gravy

Those chicken & bacon pies are nice enough, but I'm not sure they're for me. I think I'll stick with plain old chicken & mushroom and steak & kidney in future

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  Tea: Pukka chicken & bacon pie, with chips, peas and gravy

Those chicken & bacon pies are nice enough, but I'm not sure they're for me. I think I'll stick with plain old chicken & mushroom and steak & kidney in future
                  That reminds me. I have the ingredients for a steak, ale and mushroom pie. I ought to make it. That might do me nicely for Christmas Day dinner.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

That reminds me. I have the ingredients for a steak, ale and mushroom pie. I ought to make it. That might do me nicely for Christmas Day dinner.
                    Sounds good

Comment

Telly started with a new bit of Traffic Cops whilst dining

And then a surfeit of Air Crash Investigation, featuring the type of plane that was found to have an unfortunate tendency to spiral into the ground when things got a bit icy, meaning it wasn't a very good choice for flights to Chicago; the Manchester disaster, which strictly speaking wasn't an air crash as the plane never even left the runway; and the brand new Airbus A320 that was flown into an unexpected forest at the end of the runway during an air show

Goodnight all

Comment

Working...
                      X