• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning all
    The overnight wind has given way to a more gentle breeze, although it has made it chilly out. Sun making an appearance through the clouds.

Anyway, for your entertainment, this guy distracted me while working yesterday...

…Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Nice little birdy!

Book club with loony lady 2 soon, she nagged me into getting there on time for once as short on members. Then off to do more pubic toothpaste inspections this afternoon.
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Morning denizens

It's a little brighter out, but still not that warm at 5°C; no better than 7° on offer later either, drizzle due soon (though not for long), more drizzle due this evening. Barometers very much down at 976/984mB

Much better night's sleep, possibly due to the additional layer of duvet

And Virgin Media finally realised that the Internet works better with DNS servers, so that started working properly again just after last night's post

Comment

Morning all

Bright and dry but cloudy out when I got up and has gradually brightened up over the course of the morning. Currently 8 degrees ('feels like' 4) and that's the high for the day. No precipitation expected. Barometer sharply down at 990 mBar.

Busy morning trying to get things ready for a huge data migration before we all get kicked out for Christmas.

Today's Kantar diary facts are:
          Jan Ingenhousz, the Dutch scientist who discovered the photosynthetic process, is born 1730

Kirsty Williams is elected leader of the 'Welsh Liberal Democrats', the first ever female party leader in the Welsh Assembly 2008

Comment

Morning Afternoon.

Dry.

Sunny.

Cold in here at 13.2 deg (earlier).

Barometer 992 mBar (up from 991 earlier), 29.29 in Hg, 744 Torr, 62% RH.

Wednesday.

Walk (unabbreviated & unextended) walked, during which a fellow escapee from Ye Sloughe of Desponde was encountered.

Lunch: scrambled egg and poached tomato on Morrisons wholemeal sunflower and spelt toast, bramble jelly on same (toasted), bramble jelly on Morrisons multiseed bread, a yellow corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Oz customs thing, no bags full of Chinese "food" so far. Tediously enough the Jewish Aboriginal gentleman turned up again.

In the wide ranging collection of stuff I never knew, apparently SiC wafers are transparent:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/jamo_s...7626775023801/

Who'd have thunk it?

Some minor potching in the garden done in the freezing cold sunshine & semigale.

Yesterday's bonfire failed to incinerate much of the large bush thing I rather optimistically heaped on top of it.

A fine further selection of brambles & suchlike have been place in the greenhouse to dry, ready for the next conflagration.

It gets dark really early these days, with the sunset looking really picture skew, with golden beams of light & so forth.

Tea: thankfully the last of the chicken, with carrots & onions, a yog, some fruit cocktail & 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Discovering Anthony Quinn. Tomorrow we have Discovering Samuel L. "mother****er" Jackson at 20:00, mother****er, put it in the planner

Joy of Painting: the was particularly strong in this ep.

Quantum Leap S3 E3 "Leap of faith".

St Fagans thing on S4C Yng Nghymraeg with subtitles.

NCIS LA S10 E11 "Joyride".

"My feet are killing me" on Really. Stone me, some of this prog is eyewatering.
            Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 8 December 2021, 20:04.
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
              Busy morning trying to get things ready for a huge data migration before we all get kicked out for Christmas.
              Always best to get these things done just before everybody clears off for the best part of a fortnight

Comment

Lunch: roast beef bap (wholemeal)

Comment

Lunch was mushroom soup

Comment

There's one less squirrel in the world.
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Walk briskly walked in the cold afternoon, green ring closed

Looks nice out there but there's a pretty chilly, if light, breeze

Comment

Working...
                      X