• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Morning denizens

It's a grey day out after a damp night, although I don't believe it's actually raining right now. Currently a balmy 18°C which is as much as we'll get; rain expected to return this evening. Barometers down at 1001/1008mB

I had a moderately unsettled night's sleep, possibly caused by the lurking lurgy. Temperature is normal at the moment though, so maybe I just need to take it easy until I'm sure it's gone. Anyway, I hope said temperature remains in the right range as I'm supposed to be getting my covid booster this afternoon. Don't want to be made to do the diseased walk of shame from Boots if they scan me on arrival and it's too high
    If it's like my flu jab from Boots I can't see them bothering with anything beyond asking how do you feel and have you had xyz in the past 2 weeks.
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Bacon butty for lunch

The rain is, as promised, still holding off for now

Comment

Lunch was haddock battered fish fingers in a flat bread wrap.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post

If it's like my flu jab from Boots I can't see them bothering with anything beyond asking how do you feel and have you had xyz in the past 2 weeks.
          Yes, I don't imagine they'll bother now - it's not like the glory days of last year when the hairdresser would take my temperature before letting me sit down

Comment

Off for my jab

Comment

Now we wait…

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                Off for my jab
                I just hope you didn't get batch FG6431.

I hear that it only works on iOS16 & Monterey, anything less and you'll lose the wifi boost.

And if there's no wifi boost, why call it a booster?
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

And home again, with Service Pack 3 installed

I set off a bit early as it's right next to M&S, where I was able to pick up my new coat, with which I'm pretty pleased

And I was also able to get some lamb shanks, which for some reason Sainsbury's haven't had in stick for a while when I've been there. So dinner tonight or tomorrow will be lamb shanks in a red wine and redcurrant sauce

Comment

They asked me if I had a temperature. I said no, as although it seems to fluctuate a bit at the moment, it's sometimes around normal and I felt OK then

Comment

Mundane laundry on

I realised I've been doing it on a quick wash for several months, so I'm giving it a proper wash this time. Not sure it makes any real difference though; it's not as if I'm working down the pit

Comment

Working...
                      X