• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    In the Chinese

order is restored to the universe!
    rejoice! rejoice!

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      In the Chinese
      Very nice too; the chicken and sweetcorn soup was particularly peppery this week

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post

order is restored to the universe!
        rejoice! rejoice!

Comment

Tonight's world cinema premiere was Ringu (1998) aka Ring, the Japanese horror film about people dying when they watch a particular video. It's not at all bad

And then a further premiere with its original sequel, Rasen (1998) aka Spiral, which I also thought was pretty good.

The two films were originally released in Japanese cinemas as a double bill, but the second one wasn't as well received as Ringu so they ended up getting the director of that to make a different sequel. So there's two entirely different stories of what happened after the first one, which should keep the multiverse theorists happy

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning.

Blue sky.

Sunny.

Raining.

Colder at 16.7 deg in here.

991 mBar, 29.26 in Hg, 743.3 Torr, 74% RH.

Sunday.

Rained.

Sun's out .

Rained.

Sun's out.

Sunday shopping trip to Tesco & Morrisons done, dusted, washed, dried, sanitised & put away.

Sun's out again.

Lunch: roast chicken & sausage, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Quite the most peculiar gravy I've made for a while, though it tasted okish.

Sun's out again.

Trip to Wilko, Boots & B&M done, dusted, washed, dried, sanitised, & waiting to be put away, tidy, like.

Walk (abbreviated) walked. Abbreviated due to the onset of rain, that stopped once I'd gone far enough back down the hill to make it pointless to do the unabbreviated walk.

Must put that recording of "Joy of Painting" on.

Tea: Heinz tomato soup with some blue tasting Morrisons wholemeal sunflower and spelt bread, bramble jelly sandwich on fresh slice of same, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: with the last of Endeavour last week, "Am Dro" at 20:00 is about all there is on offer.

I may watch "Tenet" having purchased the dvd a couple of weeks ago.

Too long at 144 minutes.

Instead: "Yesterday's Britain: 1940s" and "Yesterday's Britain: 1950s".

Amusing enough in their way, from Dunkirk to the Austin Mini.

From Big Bands to Tommy Steel & Elvis.

Who'd have thunk it?

With the Suez debacle, the Festival of Britain, and the London smog thrown in for good measure.
            Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 3 October 2021, 22:23.
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all
              CBS etc, but temp isn’t into double figures yet. The Dog (tw) will have to wait to be walked.
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning denizens

Extended family Zoom call has been completed

It's cloudy but with sun trying to break through out there today. Apparently it will brighten up, but also get rather windy

Current temperature is 11°C with 15° on the cards for later; barometers very slightly up at 985/993mB.

Comment

Morning all

Clear sky, just a few bits of fluff about. Dry. Currently 13 degrees with a high of 16 later. Rain forecast for early afternoon. Barometer down to 998 mBar.

Bed stripped and first load in the WM.

Chilli plants put outside to enjoy the sunshine. More so because I noticed one was covered with greenfly and needed spraying so I figured they should all get a squirt and some outside time. One of my plants still has lots of flowers on it so I'm still hopeful for a late crop to enhance the two orange habaneros it has managed to produce. Definitely going to get mini greenhouse type effort for next year to help bring them along better.

Today's Kantar diary fact is:
                  The first county cricket match is held between Surrey and Hampshire at 'Ball's Pond' in Middlesex 1811

Comment

Late breakfast, or early lunch? Either way, it was Cumberland sausages and thick-cut smoked back bacon in heavily-buttered sesame bloomer toast

Comment

FFS. Just popped out the back, and overnight the local scrotes have nicked the front number plate off the Corolla, and the back one off the Orion

Comment

Working...
                      X