• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Having knocked off, I went to turn the mattress, whereupon I was reminded of the crap under the bed - not stuff that's stored there or anything, just crap that's somehow worked its way under there over the years, which I've been too lazy to do anything about. So I set to work trying to sort it out and am now the proud owner of a bin bag containing things like old receipts (remember when Amazon used to put a receipt in with stuff?), empty envelopes, dusty cobwebs, and surprisingly few knotted-up crisp bags

To give you an idea of how long this crap has been accumulating, the oldest receipt I bothered checking was for a couple of Richard Feynman books I got from Borders in 2006

Outside the bin bags: various extremely dusty socks, mostly unpaired; and a shirt I don't even remember owning but which looks as if it might be quite OK really

Comment

Zooming with the New Zealanders this Sunday. At least it's not on the Bank Holiday weekend this time

Comment

Visit to the greengrocers was done on my way to the beauty salon where I had my toes pimped. On my return, i did a final check of emails (one needed a response), set my out of office and logged off for a fortnight.

Except I might log on Tuesday morning to join a call because TCS are gold plating stuff and they need to be kept under control.

Comment

The bed has been remade

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
            Visit to the greengrocers was done on my way to the beauty salon where I had my toes pimped. On my return, i did a final check of emails (one needed a response), set my out of office and logged off for a fortnight.

Except I might log on Tuesday morning to join a call because TCS are gold plating stuff and they need to be kept under control.

Comment

<spoiler> for those innerested, "Pink Floyd Live in Venice" is on at 21:00 on Sky Arts </spoiler>

<spoiler> It's a bit wet </spoiler>

It's a bit more musical than "Death in Venice" it must be said.
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                The bed has been remade
                I've not made mine yet

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                  for those innerested, "Pink Floyd Live in Venice" is on at 21:00 on Sky Arts

It's a bit wet

It's a bit more musical than "Death in Venice" it must be said.
                  Live in Pompeii was better ( or weirder, or more pretentious depending on your point of view ).
                  "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Friday night special: chicken madras, rice and naan. Very nice indeed

There'll be two more portions of the curry to go in the freezer, so tomorrow's lunch will be dictated by that: it's one in, one out in there at the moment

I was thinking the other day that it was probably the supermarket panic last year that got me into the habit of keeping the fridge and freezer fully stocked at all times, and I need to stop it because there's no need. I used to be fine with letting stocks run down

Comment

Ents was the season 7 finale of The Curse of Oak Island, which was a bit meh. Maybe they didn't know there'd be an 8th season when it was recorded.

Followed by episode 2 of Marvel's 616 which was really interesting being all about women generally as well as ethnic minority women working in the comic industry. Started with a bit of history and how it used to far more equitable who the lead characters were and what they did, with readership to match. Then someone decided comics caused juvenile delinquency and it all went down hill for a couple of decades and took several decades to recover and get where we are today.

Comment

Working...
                      X