• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
    Morning.

Dry.

Grey.

Sunless.

Chilly in here at 19 deg C.

1020 mBar, 30.12 in Hg, 71% RH.

Friday.

Smalls in the WM.

Afternoon entertainment: "Ride the high country (1962)" with that Randolph Scott (his final film) and that Joel McCrea (not his final film).
    Zen something or other
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

A Crouch Recovery heavy wrecker went past townwards a few minutes ago! Not sure which one or who was driving as I only caught a glimpse, having spotted the orange beacons flashing out of the corner of my eye

Comment

A toasted and buttered muffin has been scoffed to tide me over.

The WM has bleated its completion but gaps between meetings this morning are not quite long enough to sort it out (as muffin eating was more important).

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
          Bed stripped and first load (under sheet and pillow cases) doing its thing.
          Likewise, except I've also removed the mattress topper and will be flipping the mattress once the current top surface has aired for a while

In among the various clothes and stuff I've occasionally been sorting out, I found a bag containing a complete set of bedding that I'd forgotten even owning. They were last used back in the days when I had no washing machine, and I was probably working away in the week so had little time for dealing with big laundry tasks. So they were not at all clean, and years festering in a bag hadn't helped. I put them through a hot wash, assuming they'd never clean up sufficiently for me to want to use them, but enough that they could go to Oxfam for recycling

Much to my surprise, they came out absolutely fine! And I don't think they'd been used a huge amount before, so although they aren't as good as new, they're in better nick than some of my other sets

So once the flipping has been done, and the clean mattress topper fitted, I'll be deploying them for the first time in possibly as much as ten years, maybe even longer

Comment

When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

First load is finally out and hung up. Now the duvet cover is in. My mattress was turned recently - it can only be turned around rather than over because it has a built in topper. The cover is ok until I next change the sheets.

Ordered a mix of FFP2 and FFP3 masks for HWMBO and I to wear on our travels to Grenada next week. As it's a 10.5 hour flight, we want to have a decent stash to allow for them to be swapped out.

I was hoping to pop round the corner to the greengrocers to procure limes, grapefruit and peaches but my faffing for masks means I now have to wait an hour for a delivery to arrive first.

Comment

The Repair Shop are asking for applications for their Christmas special.

Maybe DrS could dig out an old bit of electronics from the shed and say it's a family heirloom? (I was inspired by the recent episode watching the chap solder on new resistors etc to fix a reel to reel tape recorder).

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                  The Repair Shop are asking for applications for their Christmas special.

Maybe DrS could dig out an old bit of electronics from the shed and say it's a family heirloom? (I was inspired by the recent episode watching the chap solder on new resistors etc to fix a reel to reel tape recorder).
                  We've got an massive (6ft tall, shop display) ice cream cone in the backgarden that needs to be repaired - it's fibreglass so not the easiest task.

I suspect we would need to say it came from our parents old ice cream shop in XYZ, rather than 8 years ago from ebay.
                  merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

I decided to nip down to Sainsbury's for a lunchtime shop, mainly to give the car a run and perk the battery up, though I also wanted to get some bread. Coming back up the M69 after turning at J1, something with orange beacons joined ahead of me at J1: a Crouch Recovery wrecker, towing a bus!

Due to other traffic getting in the way I couldn't see who was driving it when I caught up with it, though it was a left-hand drive (not the big Peterbilt though). Then, at the end of the motorway, it ended up in the lane to the right of me at a set of lights on the weird system of A roads coming under the M1 and away from the two motorways, but it was too close (and towering over me) for me to be able to identify the driver.

Anyway, shopping done, so late lunch is a couple of southern not-fried chicken thighs from the tepid food counter

Comment

Gosh.

NAT must have had a rush of blood to the head.

Closing a thread & deleting off topic posts.

A CUK first.
                      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Working...
                      X