• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Omelette for lunch. Cheese and ham.

The rain passed and the sun came out. More rain expected as the afternoon progresses.

Currently 21 out and 22.5 in.

Comment

Raining again.

Am bored and not feeling inclined to do much work.

I have deadlines due this week so I expect tomorrow and Friday will be more productive as I prefer to work when doom is imminent.

Comment

It's been quite a productive day overall - one of those where I get a little bit working, then have to Google and read documentation for a while to get another little bit working; but by the end of the afternoon I'd ended up doing quite a bit

And as it's visualisations, I could post a screenshot to Teams, which cheered up other people on the team because they can actually see progress since yesterday

The rain returned, but it seems to be holding off again for a bit so I may venture forth for my walk. It's a bit breezy out there too, so I think the warm, hooded coat would be a good idea

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
          Raining again.

Am bored and not feeling inclined to do much work.

I have deadlines due this week so I expect tomorrow and Friday will be more productive as I prefer to work when doom is imminent.
          move closer to painful swellin and her russian mate then. you'll get lots done.

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post

move closer to painful swellin and her russian mate then. you'll get lots done.
            Not that kind of doom

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              The rain returned, but it seems to be holding off again for a bit so I may venture forth for my walk. It's a bit breezy out there too, so I think the warm, hooded coat would be a good idea
              Well, that didn't go as planned

When I went out the back to go for my walk, a car alarm was going off. It turned out to belong to the Toyota

However, it was going off because the battery was nearly flat again, and it seems the thing that decides if the doors are shut gives up on low power before the thing that makes lots of noise if the doors aren't shut

It was definitely its last gasp, as it stopped just as I got to it, then started again immediately, then stopped almost straight away; and it didn't even have enough juice left to operate the central locking in response to the key. Still, I figured I'd better get it recharged a bit in case it came up with a hidden reserve in the middle of the night.

So I jumpstarted it with the little battery pack, which also gave it enough power for me to turn off the alarm, and headed for the motorway.

As I wasn't planning to go to Sainsbury's on the way back, I decided as I went down the M69 to come off and head across to Hinckley and come back up the A47, just for a change. Then, a few miles before the city, a tremendous thunderstorm turned up! Torrential rain, lightning, and thunder were the accompaniment as I completed the journey. But at least the car should remain quiet for a few more days

I need to take it down the garage so they can find out what's causing the battery drain, really. Can't have it making that racket again, disturbing all of the people who live in the back flats

And now, within minutes of me getting back, the storm has passed and the sun is out. I might go for that walk, if the radar and the lightning map don't show anything else in the offing

Comment

Walk finally, and briskly, walked; green and red rings closed

Very nice, sunny evening out there now. Bit of a fresh breeze, and everywhere is soaking wet; but the sky is blue with white fluffy stuff, and the streets are almost empty because everybody was driven into shelter by the storm and they haven't bothered emerging

Comment

Tea has been more of the chicken casserole I made the other day, to save putting it in the freezer, accompanied by chips and peas to free up a bit more space. Still very tasty

Comment

Viewing has been a NEW! episode of Traffic Cops. Yes, they're still making them

Better get an early night now, as I'd like to get a bunch of client work sorted out tomorrow; the plan is to get far enough along that I can take it pretty easy on Friday but still leave them going into the weekend with the impression that loads got done

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning denizens

Fairly sunny start out, featuring blueish sky with hazy high cloud

Not so warm though; currently 13°C, and not getting any better than 20° later. Barometers a tad up at 999/1007mB

Sainsbury's will be delivering between 20:37 and 21:37 so I'll have to remember to plan dinner either early or late if I don't want to risk it being interrupted; early would be better, as I keep meaning to start having it earlier anyway

Comment

Working...
                      X