• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning all

It's overcast, raining. Currently 17 degrees with a high of 19 expected. Rain due to continue on and off all day. Barometer down to 1009 mBar.

Due to go on holiday today. BA verified our travel docs (negative PCR test), allowed us to to check in and then refused to issue a boarding pass, saying our docs are invalid (even though they said they weren't). It had all better sort itself out at the airport.

Today's Kantar diary fact is:
    Lewis Carroll tells Alice Liddel a story that would grow into 'Alices Adventures in Wonderland' 1862
    Last edited by ladymuck; 4 July 2021, 07:42. Reason: typo

Comment

Morning.

Dark.

Dank.

Intermittently wet.

Heavy rain overnight.

Sunless.

An appalling 22.2 deg in here.

1002 mBar, 29.58 in Hg, 68% RH.

Sunday.

The wireless is off because it was wittering on about some ball game and irritating the crap out of me with the delay on the interweb thing interview that was <pause> are you there? <pause> Yes, <pause> sort of thing.

<hiatus>

Shopping trip to Tesco & Morrisons done, dusted, washed, rinsed, dried, sanitised, and put away.

The exhaust on the car is blowing a bit, just to make my joy complete.

It was doing it last week too but I couldn't be arsed to do anything about it.

Do they still sell exhaust paste in Halfords?

I think I threw away the last tube a couple of weeks ago coz it had gone solid.

Lunch: roast chicken and sausage, even remembered to get the roasties & onion out of the oven before eating the rest which made a pleasant change, a red corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

"Entertainment": TWAO.

Walk walked in the rain. No singing happened.
      Entertainment: Weatherman Walking: Skomer Island and puffins.

Tudur Owen's TV Flashback: transport: seen it before.

Tea: Ginsters vegan pasty and Heinz 5 beans (half a tin thereof), a yog, a blackcurrant jam sandwich (which I'd though was blackberry when I bought it this morning), 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Unidentified: Inside America's UFO investigation: rather less crazy than most of the crap on Blaze.

Dr Pimplepopper, the bits I missed last week.

TFBSDrS.
      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 4 July 2021, 22:15.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        A bit of Trucking Hell was watched whilst dining, as is traditional.

Then tonight's major motion picture premiere was Rambo (2008). Very and graphically violent, but at least they didn't muck around too much setting up the story and then kept it moving for the duration

Early(ish) night again now, in the vague hope I'll feel yet better, or maybe even back to normal, tomorrow

Goodnight all
        Ah sly before the zimmer frame as you said plenty of action. Last blood is pretty good considering.
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Afternoon denizens

Grey and windy out but no rain at the moment, though the weather app thinks there is and that there may even be a thunderstorm later; currently at the forecast high of 21°C, barometers decidedly down at 997/1005mB

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

Ah sly before the zimmer frame as you said plenty of action. Last blood is pretty good considering.
            That'll be next week's

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
              Due to go on holiday today. BA verified our travel docs (negative PCR test), allowed us to to check in and then refused to issue a boarding pass, saying our docs are invalid (even though they said they weren't). It had all better sort itself out at the airport.
              Hoping from the silence since then that they let you go, rather than quarantining you in an airport hotel with no wifi

Comment

What a palaver!

Walked down to Earls Court station to get the tube to the airport. It's closed due to a passenger incident. At that moment the heavens opened and a torrential downpour commenced. We walked up to Cromwell Road to improve our chancees of getting a cab to Hammersmith. No black cabs to be seen. Managed to get an Uber.

Got to Hammersmith and they're reporting severe delays on the Piccadilly line and its entirely closed eastbound between Hammersmith and Kings Cross. Most tubes are terminating at Hatton Cross so we get on one and look at options for getting from Hatton Cross to the airport. Fortunately a T5 train appears 5 mins behind ours.

At Gold Wing check in, we discover that despite our docs being validated, there is no record of them on the system. Hurray for BA IT. I had printed everything out fortunately and boarding cards were issued.

Now having lunch in the lounge ahead of our next hurdle, being Portuguese immigration in a few hours' time....

Comment

Thunder!

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    Thunder!
                    AhAhaaahahah!

"Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Quite a decent storm passed over, and it rained heavily and persistently for quite a while. Then it suddenly stopped and the sun came out

But it's just gone in again, so maybe the rain will return shortly

Comment

Working...
                      X